Provide friendly, courteous and efficient quality of food and beverage service to all guests. Clean and set-up tables in the outlet, perform other food service related duties, including general cleaning and set-up.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Clean, set and re-set tables continuously, assuming responsibility for station, tables and side duties.
• Greet guests by name whenever possible during the course of meal service.
• Stack trays properly for efficient unloading for stewarding and ensure proper safety standards at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Perform set up duties as requested to include side stations, storage areas and food staging area.
• Perform general cleaning tasks utilizing cleaning to adhere to health and safety standards.
• Fold napkins for meal periods to maintain an adequate supply.
• Perform other duties as requested, such as cleaning unexpected spills and executing special guest requests.
• High school or equivalent education required.
• Must be able to speak and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
May be required to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form; to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Most work tasks are performed outdoors. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures like freezers (-10°F) and kitchens (+110°F), possibly for one hour or more.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 4 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs.
• Must have the ability to bend, squat and lift 40 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis and occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to push and pull carts and equipment weighing up to 250 lbs. occasionally.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to bend, stoop, squat and stretch to fulfill cleaning tasks.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment, including, but not limited to, cutlery used in the cutting of fruit.
• Must be minimum age to serve alcohol.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
See job description.