The Pool Attendant (Seasonal) is responsible for the overall guest experience within the pooloutlet to include but not limited to retrieving and serving alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages and food orders to guest tables according to hotel specifications, courteously and efficiently. Preparing and prepping specific items, pool side. Maintaining and providing towels and amenities to guests.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain complete knowledge of and comply with all departmental policies, service procedures and standards.
- Ensure that standards are maintained at a superior level on a daily basis.
- Maintain complete knowledge of pool and beach area, hours of operation, proper pool & and beach set-up and dress code of the outlet..
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, prices, and preparation method/time.
- Maintain complete knowledge of and strictly abide by state liquor regulations, particularly those prohibiting service to minors, intoxicated persons and drunk driving.
- Maintain complete knowledge of VIPs as determined by Hotel & Residents.
- Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment. Use equipment only as intended.
- Provide guests with pool and beachside amenities
- Ensuring daily cleanliness of pool and/or beach area
- Assisting with the cleanliness of the bathrooms and showers
- Ensuring the beach and pool areas are secured each evening, or in the event of a storm, or prior to a special event
- Complete opening side duties as assigned:
- Check quality and amount of all pool and beach stock and supplies using checklist.
- Requisition all necessary supplies and transport from storeroom to pool and beach areas.
- Set up and break down all pool amenities according to service standards
- Check cleanliness and condition of assigned station and service areas; rectify any deficiencies.
- Set up and check all equipment needed for pool and beachside service
- Follow up on special arrangements to ensure compliance with such.
- Communicate any meal requirements and special requests to the servers and kitchen.
- Check storage areas for proper supplies, organization and cleanliness..
- Anticipate guests' needs, respond promptly and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Be familiar with all hotel services/features and local attractions/activities to respond to guest inquiries accurately.
- Handle guest complaints following the six-step procedure and ensuring guest satisfaction.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Adhere to payment, cash handling and credit policies/procedures.
- Complete closing side duties:
- Properly store all reusable goods.
- Breakdown all goods as specified in departmental standards.
- Clean all equipment as assigned in the side duties.
- Restock items for next service.
- Marry and stock all condiments.
- Exhibit a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with guests and fellow employees.
- All other duties as required.
Health & Safety & Risk Management
- Be aware of and comply with safe working practices as laid down under the Health and Safety Act as applicable to your place of work. This will include your awareness of any specific hazards at your workplace.
- The wearing of appropriate clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory.
- Report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- Ensure that any accidents to associates, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- Attend Statutory Fire, Health & Safety training and be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning Fire, Health & Safety.
- Maintaina wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and associates. It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and associates, unless otherwise stated.
- Comply and adhere to the Rosewood company policies.
- Take on other tasks in addition of the ones stated, in a reasonable framework.
- Be a "brand ambassador" at all times and ensure brand integrity and clarity are always maintained.
- Model the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, the Company reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
- As the hotel's level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and holidays as needed.
Must be able to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; prioritize, organize and follow-up; be a clear thinker, remaining calm and resolving problems using good judgment; follow directions thoroughly; understand a guest's service needs; work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team; work with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data.
- Knowledge Ability to perform job functions with attention to detail, speed and accuracy; ability to prioritize, organize and follow through; ability to be a clear thinker, remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment; ability to work well under pressure of meeting production schedules and timelines for guests' hot food orders;
- Ability to maintain good coordination; ability to transport cases of received goods to the workstation; ability to work an 8-12 hour shift in hot, noisy and sometimes close conditions;
- Ability to work with all products and food ingredients involved; ability to use all senses to ensure quality standards are met
- Ability to differentiate dates; ability to operate, clean and maintain all equipment required in job functions;
- Ability to comprehend and follow recipes; ability to perform job functions with minimal supervision; ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
Required to speak, read and write English, with fluency in other languages preferred.
- Must be able to exert physical effort in transporting 30 pounds, endure various physical movements throughout the work areas, reach up and down, remain stationary at times throughout work periods, and satisfactorily communicate with guests and co-workers to their understanding.
- Pool and Beach Environment- constantly exposed to heat, high cold and wind, slippery surfaces and appliances such as stove, oven, dishwasher, cooking top, as well as cleaning tools
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Can meet deadlines
- Thinks globally
Creates work environment that:
- Energizes, motivates and supports employees
- Foster a climate of open communication, trust and respect
- Encourages team behaviour
- Effectively communicates with all levels
- Is culturally aware and sensitive
- High School Diploma or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
- Must have current and valid Food Handler's card and TIPS certification preferred
- Minimum 21years of ageto serve alcohol
- Ability to drive a vehicle for work such as a golf cart to transport supplies.
- Minimum two years' experience in restaurant service.
- Hotel operational exposure (i.e. F&B) preferred
- Experience with a luxury or ultra-luxury property or brand preferred
Rosewood Sand Hill provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
EEO-1 Code: 453