The Ambassador is responsible for greeting and checking credentials for pool entry. S/he will be responsible for assuring sales of outdoor amenity, as well as food and beverage delivery to waiting guests. Essential Functions
- Plans and coordinates flow of guests at the Cove
- Greets incoming guests
- Have a daily In-House list as well as VIP list
- Cleans and resets lounge chairs and dining area as needed- opens\closes umbrellas daily
- Ensures guests are comfortable and welcome if required to wait
- Answers restaurant telephone, responding to guests' questions in a professional manner
- Maximizes the seating of the Cove
- Attends mandatory monthly department meetings
- Assists servers, bussers and bartenders with refilling beverages and/or clearing lounge chairs
- Completes all assigned side-work, obtaining MOD or Supervisor signature when complete
- Informs server of any potential guest issues
- Familiarizes him/herself with menu & make recommendations on menu as needed
- Remove soiled towels as guests are complete with them
- Prep Cabanas for each guest
- Assists servers with monitoring lounge chairs for customer satisfaction, quality and additional service
- Maintains water service station, garbage removal and food service condiments
- Provides general resort information for guests
- Offers warm and sincere welcome/farewell for all guests of Sunriver Resort including use of guest name & good eye contact with each guest
- Maintains an up to date working knowledge of all resort amenities as well as any special events
- Interacts with resort staff in a professional manner, assisting other departments with necessary information
- Up sells other resort services and amenities to guests
- Addresses any guest issue promptly and with concern
- Offers guests assistance with resort directions, activity suggestions, etc.
- Provides assistance to pool staff as needed
- Maintains constant awareness of safety issues, (i.e. broken glass, frayed electrical cords, leaks, broken locks and suspicious persons). Reports all safety incidents to on-duty supervisor.
- Acts with responsibility towards all company property, supplies and equipment.
- Maintains a professional appearance. Follows all Sunriver Resort dress code standards.
- Remains alert, courteous and helpful to the guests and colleagues at all times.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High school education preferred
- Prior food and beverage experience preferred
- At least six months customer service experience preferred
Sunriver Resort is Oregon's most popular resort destination, is located on the Eastern slopes of the Cascade Mountain Range, 17 miles south of Bend, Oregon . Enjoying nearly 300 days of sunshine each year, Sunriver Resort combines world-class recreation and resort amenities with Oregon's natural beauty to create an extraordinary vacation destination. The resort boasts three world-class golf courses, which have won many awards including Golf Magazine's coveted Gold Medal as one of America's best golf resorts. Guests looking to relax can take refuge in our renowned Sage Springs Club and Spa. Offering a full range of massages, facials, body treatments, and salon services, our spa is the refuge of choice for relaxation-seekers. Company Introduction
Sunriver - The Start of The Unforgettable
Inspiration, discovery and treasured memories await you in this stunning mountain resort. Tee off on one of 4 award-winning golf courses or rejuvenate in our beautiful spa and fitness center. Splash in The Cove aquatic center. Fly fish for that big one on the Deschutes. Stay in one of our luxurious homes or suites. Immerse in endless year-round recreation and relaxation.