Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire a Payroll Specialist Flexible and remote work are possible with this position, but it will be based out of our Denver office with the expectation to come in as needed.
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's what industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do-it's really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!Job Overview
Performs a wide variety of payroll processing activities, including computing wage and overtime payments, calculating and recording payroll deductions, working with vendor on wage garnishment implementation and multi-state payroll tax implementation. Although duties normally follow established procedures, responsibilities may include routine, minor corrections to make documents acceptable for processing. Works under general supervision.Responsibilities
- Full cycle payroll processing to include, but not limited to, entering data into payroll system, ensuring all pay codes are accurate, pulling reports from timekeeping system as necessary, preparing and reconciling payroll previews, extensive auditing of data entry, output and tax. Requesting appropriate approvals to finalize payroll.
- Generate and save reports utilized by Hotel Restaurant Accounting Team.
- Process earnings verifications as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring payroll is delivered accurately and timely; ensure data integrity of payroll system.
- Work with Wage Attachment vendor to ensure accuracy and timeliness of deductions.
- Year- end W2 review, balancing quarterly and annual tax returns.
- Prepare business reports as requested, to include EEO, and SSA EVS reports and US Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- Assist the team in any projects or duties to ensure customer satisfaction and achieve workflow deadlines.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
High school diploma or equivalent.Experience
Requires 4+ years of payroll experience processing for multiple EIN's and multi-state payrolls. Knowledge/Skills
- Basic knowledge Microsoft Word applications (Word & advanced Excel preferred).
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing
- Mobility: Occasional standing. Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.