In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION:
Manage the hotel payroll as well as the cashiering function.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND JOB DUTIES:
· Maintains confidentiality of all information related to payroll records.
· Works closely and cohesively with Human Resources and Accounting departments.
· Processes payroll for the company: Reviews and inputs payroll data manually and electronic imports into payroll software; ensures required authorizations are obtained; backup transaction files complete and post payroll; print and distribute payroll related information.
· Performs all phases of the payroll processing cycle to include master payroll balancing, payroll tax reconciliations, payroll register and required reporting in an accurate and timely manner.
· Analyzes and evaluates payroll reports, trends, related services, etc.
· Assists timekeepers and supervisors with database payroll issues, and requests for payroll information on a regular basis.
· Researches and resolves payroll issues/discrepancies, and processes necessary corrections.
· Maintains knowledge of and analyze government regulations, payroll program trends, and prevailing best practices
· Complies with the regulatory standards and the company’s internal policies and procedures for payroll.
· Maintains complete knowledge of system and software changes.
· Maintains complete knowledge and complies with hotel and Finance departmental policies and procedures as well as Payroll, Tax and Wage & Hour Law.
· Interfaces with management and technology support personnel on accounting applications.
· Identifies current or potential problems with reports, analyzes the impact to financial data, and proposes solutions.
· Produces Month-End Payroll Reports and Payroll Reconciliations.
· Handles employee inquiries regarding paychecks thru department heads (not directly to employees) according to department procedures.
· Reviews all PAF’s for complete information and ensure accuracy of figures; resolve discrepancies with Human Resources. Inputs information using appropriate codes with total hours to be paid.
· Archives terminated employees as they occur.
· Maintains vacation accrual and sick pay records through ADP.
· Inputs payroll from weekly summaries and pay request for balancing to each department’s total.
· Balances F&B gratuities weekly.
· Calculates tip allocations for all tipped employees.
· Generates accurate payroll reports as directed by Human Resources, Hotel Controller and Director of Finance.
· Prepares weekly variance report and overtime report.
· Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor.
· Prepares daily deposit to the bank by compiling all cash drops by all cashiers.
· Prepares foreign currency deposits.
· Handles change orders of employees, due backs, and petty cash.
· Maintains records of cash transactions and receipts.
· Monitors and follows up on Cashiers Over and Short.
· Counts all issued employee banks, monthly.
· Perform other duties and responsibilities asked by Hotel Controller and based upon department needs.
· Makes sure all records and files are complete and filed properly.
· Ensures adequate change for entire operation.
· Maintains House bank Log and ensures that banks are turned in for vacations and terminations. Ensure Cash on Hand balances to the Financial Statements.
· Coordinates with Front Desk and F&B outlets regarding Cashiers' over and short, change orders and due backs.
Additional duties not mentioned above may also be requested by supervisor
SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Knowledge of accounting operations relative to the hotel, accounts receivable, etc.
· Basic mathematics skills; ability to operate 10-key by touch; computer knowledge.
· Ability to effectively deal with guest and colleague concerns in a friendly and positive manner.
· Ability to read, write and speak English sufficient to understand and communicate with fellow colleagues and guests.
· Perform activities requiring sustained concentration, e.g. designing, planning work.
· Must be able work under strict time constraints
EDUCATION/ EXPERIENCE /LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES / REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
· One to two years payroll experience.
· Certified Payroll Professional certification, preferred.
· Must have cash handling experience, organized and capable of prioritizing responsibilities.
· ADP experience a plus
|Address||250 Franklin Street, Boston, MA, 02110 View map|