LUMA RE-OPENING! JOIN OUR DYNAMIC TEAM!
LUMA is seeking a friendly and service-oriented Overnight Manager to join their team!
At LUMA, we strive to be a beacon of modern hospitality, and an independent, illuminated choice for our guests. We refer to our employees as Talent as it takes your skills, knowledge, attitude and genuine hospitality to cultivate the hotel service culture. At LUMA we strongly believe that it is our Talent's responsibility to work together to exceed the expectations of our guest, owners, peers and community.
The Overnight Manager is Responsible for monitoring and directing the night time activities of the hotel to ensure the safety and well-being of our guests & employees. Responsible for ensuring all departments are running efficiently while maintaining a high level of service to our guests. Complete the daily audit and balance all department accounts. Ensure all postings and any remaining charges are accurate on guest’s folios. Reconciles room and tax audit and post room and tax to all occupied rooms. Balance POS and PMS systems and close the day. Completes reports for management.
Must have a flexible schedule! Weekdays, weekends and holidays are required.JOB DUTIES:
- Monitor hotel business levels and direct associates to areas needing temporary assistance during peak times or during unexpected increases in volume in any particular area of the hotel.
- Regularly walk the lobby area and inspect for cleanliness, trays, security concerns, maintenance issues, noise issues, etc. and address such issues.
- Plan, assign and direct work of associates.
- Ensure established policies and procedures are being followed, departments are running efficiently and maintaining a high level of service.
- Responsible for writing a MOD report at the end of each shift.
- Respond to emergency situations and work with local authorities.
- Monitor and ensure that all cashiering procedures comply with Accounting policies and standards.
- Handle guest complaints and requests. Resolve issues in a manner satisfactory to both the guest and the hotel.
- Work with Sales and Revenue managers regarding guests and groups.
- Conduct Front Desk and Night Audit duties while providing excellent guest service, to include balancing accounts, reconciling postings and investigating discrepancies.
- Welcome and register guests expeditiously, provide information to guests as needed, obtain identification and credit/check approval as directed by hotel policy.
- Process accounts of departing guests.
- Resolve guest problems and complaints.
- Sell guest rooms, food & beverage outlets and seasonal hotel promotions.
- Communicate with other hotel departments to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction.
LUMA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. If you need accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please email email@example.com to let us know the nature of your request.
- Be a Team Player and encourage the teamwork attitude among staff.
- Be knowledgeable in all hotel emergency procedures.
- Ensure areas are free of safety hazards and performs all duties in a safe and efficient manner.
- Follow supervisor’s instructions and perform other duties as directed or assigned.
- Conduct training for all new employees, and ongoing training of existing employees, including cross training for all positions.