This position can either be Friday and Saturday nights only, 11 pm - 7 am, or Friday and Saturday nights plus two day shifts, 7 am - 3 pm or 3 pm - 11 pm.
Our attractive and award-winning Sleep Inn Amherst, conveniently at the intersection of the 290 and Niagara Falls Blvd, is seeking friendly, professional NIGHT OWLS! Greet hotel guests, check-in guests, respond to guests' questions and requests, and assist in other areas as needed. Must be committed to providing our award-winning hotel guests and visitors with superior guest service! Must have reliable transportation and valid driver's license.Full time positions are eligible for health, dental, vision, free life insurance, tuition assistance, 401k, hotel room discounts, vacation & wellness time, and paid holidays. Apply via email or for faster consideration apply in person at 75 Inn Keepers Lane, north of Boulevard Mall.Join Western New York's premier hotel management company! Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Professionally greets, registers, obtain pertinent information and establishes credit prior to assigning rooms to guests.
- Identifies the needs of each guest and provides relevant information regarding the hotel services and amenities. Responds to all guest requests in a timely manner.
- Takes reservations from incoming callers while providing superior service and inputs all information into the hotel management system. Updates and cancels reservations in the system as requested by the guest.
- Organizes previous shifts paperwork, closes and balances all room accounts and vouchers, investigates and analyzes out of balance situations, runs trial balance reports and night audit.
- Prepares guest folios for express check out.
- Problem Solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions, uses reason at all times.
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations. Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Drives hotel shuttle to pick up and drop off guests at approved locations as needed. Delivers requested items to guests as needed including incoming faxes, mail, valet laundry, newspapers, guest folios, etc.
- Team Work- Contributes to building a positive team spirit. Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Communicates with the housekeeping department about room status and availability.
- Organizational Support- Follows policies and procedures.
- Quality - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality while demonstrating accuracy and thoroughness. Applies feedback to improve performance. Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity- Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Adaptability- Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events, changing approach or method to best fit a situation.
- Compliance- Responsible for cash drawer content and transactions during the shifts. Ensures accuracy or daily deposits. Maintains accurate records including cash log, registration cards, reservation cards, wake-up call sheets, shuttle logs, property walks and all other logs as required. Verifies room charges and rates prior to running audit. Prints and distributes various computer audit reports and compiles daily audit packs.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly. Maintains confidentiality. Maintain a current room status report in case of emergency.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Dependability- Follows instructions, responds to management direction; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan. Is consistently at work and on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. Hospitality and/or customer service experience is preferred. Ability to develop an understanding of concepts, practices, pre-established guidelines and procedures used by the company in relation to guest service is necessary. Computer skills preferred. Must have valid drivers license, and acceptable driving history subject to company approval.
What we Offer:
At Buffalo Lodging, we are committed to keeping our most important assets- our employees- healthy, happy and productive. To achieve this, we offer a variety of benefits including the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts- for You, Your Friends and Family
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Activities & Events
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program