Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Overview
Primary responsibility is to ensure that all guests are warmly welcomed upon their arrival at the entrance of the Hotel. The Valet assures a quality arrival and departure experience at the door including assistance with luggage, parking and retrieving cars, and accommodating guests during their stay in an attentive, courteous and efficient manner.Responsibilities
- Properly stand at attention at the hotel entrance.
- Open doors greeting guest with smile and friendly comment as they enter and exit the hotel.
- Greet arriving vehicles, opening doors for the guest and greeting them in a proper manner. Assist guests with luggage to the curbside and direct them to front desk or other areas as required.
- Valet guest cars within the procedures set for the department, ensuring that guest car and keys are safe and secure. Each vehicle will be clearly tagged.
- Assist guest with directions and information of property as required.
- Assist departing guest with transportation as requested.
- Retrieve valet vehicles in an efficient manner. Follow proper procedure in assisting the guest into the vehicle and loading articles including luggage into the vehicle as required.
- Assist Door Attendant in monitoring traffic in the porte cochere.
- Also, ensures that the porte cochere is clean of litter, water, oil, and other items that would be considered unacceptable standard in maintaining the cleanliness of the area.
- Perform duties as required in the related positions of the department and Door Attendant. Familiar with all procedures of these positions.
- Diplomatically handle or refer guest request and complaints.
- Ensure any safety or security related procedures are implemented and any possible situation is immediately reported.
- High School diploma or equivalent required and/or experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- Must have a valid driver's license for the applicable state.
- At least two years driving experience preferred
- Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Valid driver license with a clean (zero points) driver's abstract and able to drive standard and automatic vehicles.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.