Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Located in historic Old Town, Southernmost Beach Resort expands over 6 acres on a serene part of the island with Atlantic Ocean front views, gorgeous Key West architecture, and all the amenities you desire in a beach resort. Just a short walk or bike ride from Key West's boutique shops, art galleries, eclectic restaurants, and non-stop nightlife, the resort spans over two city blocks and offers guest rooms that are located within easy reach of both the beach and world-famous Duval Street. Employment Status
Full-Time OverviewEducation, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
ResponsibilitiesFood Runner Job Responsibilities:
- High school diploma or GED
- Hospitality-related kitchen experience preferred
- Current food handler's card and other certification as required by federal/state/local law
- Picks up food product for orders placed by the service staff and delivers the meal to our guests.
- Assists the kitchen and service staff as needed to maintain the highest level of food quality, presentation, and timing to optimize our guests dining experience.
- Sets up the front line with the equipment, plateware, and smallwares needed to effectively serve all food products.
- Keeps station restocked throughout the shift.
- Cleans large and small trays and tray stands to be ready for service.
- Reads order tickets as they arrive and place onto ticket minder.
- Tracks cooking times on all orders, checks finished product for proper degree of doneness, appearance, and plate presentation.
- Garnishes finished entrees according to house specifications and procedures.
- Assists the server as needed to optimize the guest's dining experience.
- Accomplishes all job duties while adhering to all safety guidelines and practices throughout the shift.
- Reports any unsafe condition, unsafe act, accidents and/or injuries to the chef or other manager on duty.
- Correctly completes closing duties at the end of each shift.
- Assists Chef and other kitchen personnel in accomplishing closing duties and kitchen cleanliness.
- Completes all side work in the front and/or back of the house as assigned and scheduled by the members of the management team.