Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
The James New York - NoMad offers 'urban explorers' a calm and cool experience in NYC. Situated on the corner of 29th Street and Madison Avenue, the 337-room luxury boutique hotel is in the heart of Manhattan's desirable NoMad neighborhood. The hotel boasts a modern yet classic design, acclaimed signature restaurant Scarpetta, cocktail lounge The Seville , and creative programming. Overview
The Operations Manager is responsible for planning and directing operations to improve productivity and efficiency.Responsibilities
- Assist the Director and Assistant Director of Front Office with managing the Front Office operation; in addition to providing support to other departments in the hotel (F&B, Housekeeping and Engineering)
- Provide strong lobby presence to assist front desk agents and guest
- Provide all aspects of shift coverage in F&B operations as needed
- Balance the hotel room type inventory
- Ensure all areas of the lobby, Mezzanine level and F&B operations are functioning to Paramount standards (e.g. cleanliness, guest only in authorized areas, bathroom cleanliness, outdoor cleanliness and conditions, elevator cleanliness and functionality, Signage standards)
- Monitor and action Nor 1 upsell program
- Handle guest's special requests and customer complaints during shift.
- Perform all other front desk duties and responsibilities.
- Investigate and handle complaints, disturbances, emergencies, etc. during shift
- Manage Employee Payroll, track attendance ADP, time edits, and conduct call-arounds for OT as needed
- Coach, train, counsel hourly associates and administer discipline as needed
- Perform some Night Audit functions, able to review all Night Audit related functions and able to produce Night Audit reports.
- Prepare, copy, and distribute reports as required.
- Handle special guest requests.
- Attend and contribute to periodic meetings to maintain favorable working relationships among employees and promote maximum morale, productivity, and efficiency.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field; or a 2-year college degree and a minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in a related field; or a 4-year degree and a minimum of 1 year of progressive experience in a related field.
- Previous supervisory responsibilities
- Must be proficient in Windows, Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by manager
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.