AC Hotels encompass Spanish roots, European soul and a global mindset. A timelessly modern hotel at an unusually smart value lifestyle brand. The AC Hotel by Marriott Minneapolis is located in downtown Minneapolis at the intersection of 4th and Hennepin across 4th Street from the Minneapolis Public Library. This 9-story, 245-key hotel will contain the AC lounge and bar, AC library, media salons, meeting space, boardroom and fitness center and will connect to the City skyway system.
Sage Hospitality is set to hire a full time Night Auditor for the AC Hotel Minneapolis Downtown. You will contain a creative spirit that makes this AC Marriott come to life, all the while precisely managing the operation keeping the hotel profitable.Job Overview
Audit, balance and report on the various areas of the hotel (e.g. food and beverage outlets, rooms/front desk, gift shop, etc.) to provide accurate, timely information and to ensure company and Hotel policies and procedures are followed and to prevent fraud. Responds in a professional and courteous manner to arriving, departing and in-house guests by providing accurate and timely information and services. Responds to telephone and in-person inquiries regarding reservations, hotel information and guest concerns.Responsibilities
- Audit, balance and report on all food and beverage outlets (e.g. restaurants, lounges, banquets, room service) cash and credit operations to include but not limited to checks, over/short figures/tally sheets, deposits, counts, house charges, promotional materials, postings, etc. and reset all registers to ensure accurate, timely information.
- Audit, balance, post and report on the front desk to include but not limited to; room charges, phone calls, zero balance folios, corrections, adjustments, taxes, disputed charges, over/short figures, deposits, etc., to ensure accuracy and verify proper cash handling procedures are followed.
- Audit, balance and prepare, verify and report on Room information to provide rooms management with a picture of how they are performing. Prepare and input statistics and income journal sheets for preparation of daily reports.
- Balance and close all bank ticket codes, daily.
- Run night audit final after insuring all revenues are in balance nightly.
- Greets and completes established check-in procedures for arriving guests on a daily basis, using both manual and computerized methods, in order to ensure guest are satisfied and in rooms as requested.
- Facilitates guest departure (check-out) on a daily basis by following established manual and computer procedures in order to close guest accounts and open the room for the next sell.
- Maintains good customer relations by keeping abreast of all in-house and area functions in order to answer questions and concerns with timely and knowledgeable responses, in person and on telephone.
- Operates the PBX equipment by accepting incoming calls, assisting outgoing calls, scheduling and setting wake-up calls and paging guests to provide guests with timely and efficient service.
- Perform the duties of a Front Desk Clerk including express checkouts.
High school education or equivalent experience.Experience
Accounting background preferred, but not required.Knowledge/Skills
- Ability to operate personal computer, cash register and calculator.
- Ability to compile facts and figures.
- Telephone and guest relations etiquette and skills.
- Moderate hearing required to communicate with guests.
- Excellent vision required for viewing of CRT screen.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to communicate with guests over the telephone.
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required for reading daily reports, numbers, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 90% of shift is standing, Bending/kneeling - repeated bending and kneeling required while filing,
- Mobility - must be able to reach all areas of hotel to assist clients.
- Prolonged standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
Prolonged standing at indoor, thermostatically climate-controlled work station under florescent lighting. Work inside 95%BenefitsThe Perks
Share Sage Values & Culture: At Sage we create a culture of belonging. Our team members serve with creativity, and passion. Sage associates execute unforgettable experiences and take pride in our communities. We set new standards in hospitality.
- Marriott Discounts worldwide, Sage Hotel & Restaurant Discounts across the US
- Medical, Vision, & Dental Insurance for full time associates, 401k for all
- Discount Parking and easy access to public transit