This position is based in Orlando, Florida. The Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel in Orlando, FL is searching for a Night Audit to join our team.
Located in the Creative Village in downtown Orlando, the hotel has 297 guest rooms with views of the downtown Orlando Skyline. This great full-service Marriott Hotel has 15 meeting rooms with 15,992 sq. ft of space, an onsite Starbucks, Shade Bar and Grill, Fitness Center, and Outdoor Pool. Duties & Functions: Night Audit Responsibilities
Front Desk Responsibilities:
- Complete end-of-day activities including posting charges to accounts, running night audit backup, and roll the date.
- Audit, balance, post and report on front desk, rooms, and all food and beverage outlets' cash and credit operations
- Process all payment types such as room charges, cash, checks, debit, or credit.
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, and miscellaneous charges. Print contingency lists to have a record of all guests in case of emergency.
- Run the night audit final, after ensuring all revenue is in balance
- Handle all unusual and/or emergency situations in accordance with the property procedures. Notify the General Manager of any unusual incidents or emergencies which occurred during the shift.
- Coordinate with other departments (i.e. Security, Housekeeping) to ensure quality service is provided to all guests.
Work Environment / Physical Demands:
- Responsible for counting the cash drawer upon start and end of shift.
- Checks Front Desk log book for any special requests, problems, etc.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Marriott Brand standards.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Approach all encounters with guests and associates in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Proactively recommend hotel services, facilities and provide hours of operation upon check-in
- Associates must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with fellow associates and other departments within the hotel.
- Handles guest check-ins and check-outs throughout shift
- Use proper two-way radio etiquette at all times when communicating with other associates.
- Communicates all important information to following shift to ensure a smooth transition.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Be aware of all rates, packages and special promotions as listed in the Log Book.
- Completes all end of shift closing procedures and ensures that the cash drop is completed.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel - 400 West Livingston Street, Orlando, FL. 32801
The Marriott Orlando Downtown Hotel is an Equal Opportunity Employer
See Job Description.