Position Purpose & Summary
The Marketing Manager will work with the DOSM (Director of Sales and Marketing) to manage all brand programming duties and functions for Garden of the Gods Resort and club and STRATA Integrated Wellness and Spa including special events and promotional opportunities to ensure that they are in keeping with the brand, vision, and property goals.
- Deploy successful marketing campaigns and their implementation from ideation to execution independently and/or along with DOSM. As well as identify weaknesses in existing marketing campaigns and develop pragmatic solutions within budgetary constraints.
- Communicate with senior management about marketing initiatives and project metrics, as well as to brainstorm fresh strategies with DOSM and management team.
- Maintain, manage, and update all collateral assets for the property’s adhering to all brand communication guidelines and standard as guided by DOSM.
- Evaluates and recommends distribution channel development programs.
- Support and execution of promotions and packages based upon the properties specific need periods regarding the property’s seasonality and opportunities, focus on improved revenue performance.
- Work with DOSM to produce valuable and engaging content for our website and blog that attracts and converts our target groups.
- Oversee property web pages, digital marketing plans and maintain property’s presence in the social media space to include updates, recommendations for changes and enhancements to content either directly or in cooperation with 3rd party relationships.
- Work with DOSM to coordinate all public relations and promotional activities that support the needs of the property, with a focus on improved revenue performance. This could include media tours, photo shoots, broadcasts, interviews, and other specific events that require personal attention.
- Requires excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to act independently with minimal or no supervision. Adheres to deadlines.
- Deliver “I Am Proud” service standards and department-specific signature touch points.
- Establish cross-departmental channels of communication among teammates that are consistent and complete.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Selected candidate must demonstrate an in-depth and progressive knowledge of social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, You Tube, and other emerging platforms).
- Forge local partnerships and review opportunities for local level promotions and sponsorships to gain recognition and beneficial status within the community.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the property.
- Regular attendance during scheduled work times and on time attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and well-groomed professional appearance per the property’s standards.
- Greet every guest, member, and team member with “I Am Proud” standards and set a positive tone for every interaction.
- Provide extraordinary service that is “Enriching by Nature.”
- Embrace, embody, demonstrate, and encourage wellness and the STRATA virtues through interactions, performance, and commitments.
- Uphold the Garden of the Gods Resort and Club’s brand, culture, vision, mission, and values.
- Be empowered to make things go right if they go wrong.
- Give the guest/member a fond farewell.
- Address feedback by utilizing the LEARN Model.
- Demonstrate a professional appearance and be attentive to what matters most.
- Comply with company policies and procedures.
- Observe and adhere to safety guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Professionally represent the property in community and industry organizations and events.
- Interface positively with other departments, offering assistance when needed.
- Displays care in use of equipment and maintains an organized and professional work environment.
Minimum Knowledge & Skills:
- Adobe design suite including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator and WordPress.
- Must possess computational ability.
- Must possess above average computer skills, including, but not limited to, accounting programs, project management software, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
Formal Education and Job-Related Experience:
- This position requires an associates degree in marketing or related field and/or 5 years minimum professional job-related marketing management experience preferably in a luxury upscale hotel/resort.
- Marketing management experience in a medical wellness professional business preferred.
License, Registration, and/or Certification Required: None