The Maven is a unique 172-key hotel located in the heart of Dairy Block of LODO. Our lobby eliminates traditional boundaries, creating a connection between The Alley and hotel, becoming an inviting space to both Denver locals and hotel guests.
We appreciate attention to detail, have a healthy respect for craft, and celebrate local creatives with a rotating collection of art and handmade products.
As part of Sage Hospitality's Premier and Lifestyle division, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Come be a part of our fantastic team at The MAVEN Hotel!Job Overview
The Marketing Manager assists with the development, implementation and management of online marketing programs, websites, social media, SEO, content, and related programs. Coordinates with outside digital agencies and property staff to ensure all program objectives are achieved and revenue is maximized. The ideal candidate demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for all facets of marketing. Works with designated hotels to create branded and unique property identities with forward-looking positioning statements, supported with online and offline content and initiatives that develop the hotels identity.Responsibilities
- Manage online presence with an emphasis on creating unique and engaging content for branded hotel websites, vanity websites, company website, and third party sites
- Work with designated hotels and agencies to ensure that hotel websites are optimized using current best practices for SEO
- Direct, manage or assist designated hotels and agencies in all areas related to online/digital marketing, including website development and online marketing
- Conduct and track on-going email marketing campaigns for a variety of hotel business units
- Utilize current reporting from agencies, brands, and Google Analytics to drive improved content and marketing initiatives and decisions
- Recommend changes and new reporting based on changes in technology, CMS or other areas in conjunction with changing business needs
- Oversee and coach hotel social media champions and social media agencies on channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others as the need arises
- Continually manage social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram, ensuring imagery and copy is consistent with the identity and positioning of each hotel
- Manage promotional packages/campaigns including requesting creative, drafting the communication plan, and sending a marketing recap once completed
- Monitor trends, online media, brand reputation and ensure management responds accordingly to online travel and review websites.
- Utilize current reporting from agencies, Google Analytics and social networks to drive improved content and social marketing initiatives and decisions
- Recommend changes and new reporting based on changes in technology, social networks or other areas in conjunction with changing business needs
- Develop and implement companywide Public Relations initiatives and programs.
- Work directly with PR agencies to support creation of property initiatives that reinforce identity and positioning, with execution in a timely manner
- Utilize current reporting from agencies and third party sources to drive improved content, PR initiatives, and decisions
- Recommend changes and new reporting based on changes in technology or other areas in conjunction with changing business needs
- Work with designated hotels to create forward-looking identity statements that will be utilized to drive messaging through online, social media, PR, and collateral
- Direct, manage or assist in the development of break-thru creative materials, online and offline, to support both corporate and property marketing goals
- Assist designated hotels with communication (flyers, signs, eblasts, etc.) - work with property staff and agencies on design and creation of new materials
- Maintains and stores a chronological order of media library and electronic files of all advertising materials by property and activity.
- Current search engine optimization (SEO) strategies
- Use of content management systems (CMSs) to update hotel websites
- Administrative knowledge for social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter and YouTube
- Adobe Creative Suite including Photoshop, Illustrator and Acrobat
A four year college degree or equivalent education/experience.Experience
Required to have a minimum of 2-4 years of experience in a marketing position. Hospitality experience preferred.Knowledge/Skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to read manager's letters, help prepare contracts and proposals
- Ability to negotiate effectively
- Excellent attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Professional appearance and manner
- Computer literacy, specifically MS Word for Windows
- Communication at all levels; multi-tasking; time management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasional standing.
- Occasional carrying and lifting of files and office items up to 25 lbs.
95% indoor office environment