This position is based in New York, NY. Relocation assistance is provided.
Begin Your Rosewood Journey
We believe that life is made of many journeys: inspiration, wonderment, curiosity, or the simple joy of discovering something new every day. If you share the same sentiment, then this opportunity is for you.
The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is looking for a highly motivated and experienced In Room Dining Manager to join our team as we reopen the food and beverage division within the hotel.
The In Room Dining Manager areas of responsibility is to ensure the successful performance of the in room dining, minibar and cashier's department. The applicant must supervise the daily operation of the three departments listed before, assists with menu planning, maintains sanitation standards and assists order takers, servers, minibar agents and cashiers on the floor during peak meal periods. The ideal candidate must strive to continually improve guest and employee satisfaction and maximize the financial performance in areas of responsibility. Determines training needed to accomplish goals.
- Develops and updates policies and manuals, as related to the division/department, for implementation in the field, while ensuring compliance to the same for consistency across the group.
- Ability to handle high profile clientele with confidence and professionalism, responding to customer concerns in a way that ensures the customer will return.
- The ability to work closely with the Director of Food & Beverage and Executive Chef, to design an effective menu and wine list while ensuring excellent product quality, efficient profitability and creative presentation
- Work closely alongside the Director of Food and Beverage and Regional Director of finance to control costs and operating expenses through effective scheduling, budgeting, purchasing decisions, and inventory and cash control.
- Support the hotel philosophy concerning hiring, employee relations, disciplinary action, training, counseling, evaluating, etc.
- Models the company's culture, vision, mission and core values at all times.
ABOUT THE CARLYLE, A ROSEWOOD HOTEL
- Bachelor's Degree in Hospitality Management or other related fields.
- 5 years' experience in luxury restaurant operation.
- Computer literate and proficient in Micros, Infogenesis & Microsoft office.
- Command of both spoken and written English.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship with a positive demeanor.
- Hard-working and able to work under pressure
- Maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
Built in 1930, The Carlyle, A Rosewood Hotel is a New York City luxury hotel that exudes charm and elegance. For generations, it has been the "home away from home" for world leaders, celebrities and sophisticated travelers. Guests discover remarkable privacy, luxury and impeccable service from this award-winning property. The Carlyle has consistently been recognized as one of the top hotels to stay by the world's leading publications, travel magazines and consumer organizations. ABOUT ROSEWOOD HOTEL GROUP
Rosewood Hotel Group, one of the world's leading hotel companies, encompasses three brands: Rosewood Hotels & Resorts®, New World Hotels & Resorts® and KHOS™. Its combined portfolio consists more than 40 hotels in 19 countries. Known for distinctive, refined service in cultures throughout the worlds. We want to be progressive in our service yet remain timeless. Whether you work with us to stay with us, Rosewood Hotel Group creates enduring relationships in engaging environments.
The group's foundation is its commitment to "Relationship Hospitality" - a belief that true hospitality springs from the nurturing and building of strong and lasting relationships with fellow associates, guests, partners and the communities in which its hotels operate. By doing so, Rosewood Hotel Group strives to become the industry leader in delivering the true meaning of hospitality. Competitive Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision and retirement benefits
- Paid holidays
- We encourage personal and professional growth. Continue the Rosewood Journey through global talent development opportunities.
Follow us on LinkedIn