NEW YEAR, NEW CAREER
Welcome to Oneida Nation Enterprises, home to New York State's most awarded resort casinos. We're actively looking for hundreds of hospitality pro's - experienced hotel staff, dealers, servers, bartenders, cooks, managers and more.
At Oneida Nation Enterprises, we're committed to being "First with Our Team." That means looking out for each other, even during challenging times. Find out what it can mean for you.
Performs direct patient care and procedures within the scope of practice of an LPN to clients of Oneida Indian Nation Health Services; duties will be performed in a medical office setting within the Oneida Indian Nation community.Additional Responsibilities:
- Interviews clients regarding their health history and documents pertinent information about medications and present symptoms.
- Accurately measures and records vital signs as designated by the provider (e.g. height, weight, blood pressure and TPR) demonstrating age-specific competencies.
- Performs minor diagnostic procedures and tests such as blood pressure monitoring, lab draws, EKG, PFT, Peak Flow and CLIA-waived tests; reports results to provider for assessment.
- Assists provider with exams when requested.
- Administers immunizations and medications via IM, sub-q and intra-dermal routes. May insert and monitor IVs (parental fluids) upon successful completion of IV certification.
- Draws blood, prepares specimens and completes orders for tests to be performed by contract laboratory.
- Maintains compliance with infection control and universal precaution standards; cleans and prepares instruments to be autoclaved; prepares and cleans exam rooms.
- Assures all referrals from primary care provider are documented; schedules and confirms appointments according to provider's policies and procedures; notifies Admission Associates of schedule changes; arranges transportation services in accordance with transportation policies/procedures.
- Maintains adequate supply levels including adequate stock of necessary immunizations.
- Maintains and monitors medical equipment in accordance with quality assurance recommendations.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation in the patient's medical record, logs and vaccine inventory.
- Provides educational materials to patients regarding treatment, health promotion and disease prevention as directed by the provider or in response to identified patient or community need.
- Facilitates prescription process.
- Communicates lab or diagnostic testing results to patients/clients as directed by provider.
- Provides car seat safety instruction in accordance with technician certification.
- Collects data and submits reports as directed by Clinical RN/Supervisor or Health Operations Director.
- Serves on various committees and advisory groups as directed Clinical RN/Supervisor or Health Operations Director. Participates in staff meetings, in-services training and off-site continuing education programs.
- Adheres to all Oneida Nation Health Services Security and Confidentiality policies and procedures in regards to all daily job functions and receives annual update training regarding each area.