Looking for a Line Cook to join the San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter Team! The Line Cook is responsible for preparing and delivering food orders efficiently, timely and consistently in quality and presentation for Altitude our award winning Sky Lounge. Responsibilities include maintaining high standards of cleanliness observing required health and safety standards according to hotel policy, CA regulations and brand standards.Why San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter?
We are known as one of the best hotels in Downtown San Diego due in large part to the way we not only care for our guests, but our associates as well. Our mission is for our hotel to be a place where our associates would love to stay and our guests would love to work!
The Line Cook must have open availability for evening shifts from 4pm to 11:30pm on including weekends and holidays. Job Duties:
- Complete opening duties as assigned, including the following:
- Set up physical aspect of stations: grill, pantry, etc.
- Make preparation list of necessary food items.
- Requisition all listed food items and transport from walk-in, etc. to assigned station.
- Check quality and quantity of all stock and supplies.
- Ensure a sufficient supply of all chinaware for service.
- Ensure cleanliness and condition of assigned station.
- Prepare necessary food items for meal period and next service.
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned station and service areas.
- Cook for scheduled meal period.
- Complete closing duties assigned, including the following:
- Properly cover, label and change out all pans.
- Store food items in their proper place.
- Wipe down and clean station as assigned.
- Food preparation:
- Organize prep for all stations according to ensure that all food is completed on time
- Food is to be prepared in a manner consistent with company procedures
- Guest requests must be met
- Ensure that food quality is high and consistent
- Daily check on prep and par levels of all items for all stations
- Prep meats, fishes, marinades, sauces and soups at times as directed by the Director of F&B.
- Food Safety:
- Sanitation buckets used at all times
- Towels, knives and utensils kept in sanitizer solution
- Temperatures of all potentially dangerous foods to be kept above 135 or below 41
- Cleanliness of all areas of the banquet kitchen to be improved and maintained
- All food covered, labeled and dated at all times
- Remove soiled wares from station as assigned and transport to dishwashing area.
- Follow supervisor’s instruction as requested.
- Follow maintenance program and cleaning schedule.
- Alert management as to any deficiencies of food items.
- Notify management of any pertinent information related to shift activities.
- Alert management as to any maintenance needs or safety hazards.
- Prior experience cooking in large batches preferred
- At least 1 year experience as a Restaurant/Banquet Cook preferred
- Previous hotel kitchen experience a plus
The San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status or disability. The San Diego Marriott Gaslamp Quarter is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call (619) 446-6032 to let us know the nature of your request. BehaviorsDedicated:
- Travel Discounts for you and Friends and Family
- Free parking or discount commuter transit
- Meal Allowance
Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrityLoyal:
Shows firm and constant support to a causeEnthusiastic:
Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interestTeam Player:
Works well as a member of a groupMotivationsGrowth Opportunities:
Inspired to perform well by the chance to take on more responsibilityAbility to Make an Impact:
Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organizationFlexibility:
Inspired to perform well when granted the ability to set your own schedule and goalsEducation
Technical/other training or better in Culinary Arts or related field.
High School or better.Licenses & Certifications
CA Food HandlerExperience1-2 years:
Line Cook1 year(s):
Prep Cook1 year(s):
Restaurant or Banquet Cook