This position will work with Sous Chefs and report directly to Certified Master Chef Olivier Andreini.
Will assist in standard daily dining needs as well as events and banquets.
-Hours will vary. Schooling or professional training preferred.
• Pulls tickets, calls when to fire food items, and organizes food so that food on the same ticket is completed at the same time. Also, work Griddle I and sometimes sauté.
• Produces correct amount of mise en place for daily use, by using recipe cards and production sheets, with as little waste of time or product possible.
• Properly assembles all tools and utensils needed to accomplish job duties.
• Exhibits ability to prioritize work and ensure immediate needs are met. Understands and shows commitment to teamwork, knowing when to ask or offer help to or from colleagues.
• Understands and follows sanitation practices. Properly cools and stores all foods. Keeps station and coolers clean and neat during shift and makes sure sanitation is clean and neat for oncoming shift. Exhibits and uses proper personal hygiene, dresses professionally wearing the proper footwear. Keeps cuts, abrasions and sores covered. Uses protective gloves when necessary.
• Prepare items as assigned on daily production board.
• Has food ready for taste panels on time.
• Make sure all items are wrapped, dated, labeled and stored in proper fashion.
• Set up station as per AM/PM set up chart.
• Makes plate drawings of daily specials and keep on record.
• Carefully follows standard recipes when pre-preparing and preparing all items.
• Assists with preparation of other food products on serving line as needed.
• Has complete knowledge of all items on menu and daily specials, how to cook, plate presentations and portion size.
• Preparation of daily soups of the day.
• Notifies Master Chef or Sous Chef’s of expected product shortages.
see above for details