This is the job description for LEAD LINE COOK
Job Title: Lead Line Cook
Department: Food & Beverage
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Sous Chef, Executive Sous Chef, Executive Chef
Supervises: Line Cook, Pantry Cook, Dishwasher
Job Purpose: To use knowledge of a la carte cooking and act as line leader, giving directions to others on production line.
1. Use knowledge of a la carte cooking, meat temperatures and presentation to create a finished product that is
consistent with dinner entrees and gourmet dining.
2. Prepare all orders turned in by wait staff, ensuring that all orders are cooked quickly and according to order.
3. Ensure that food leaves kitchen in peak condition.
4. To produce all sauces and compounds and cook all food in the appropriate manner such as poaching, sauté, etc.
5. Prep food products using standard food preparation techniques.
6. Learn menus, recipes, preparation and presentation.
7. Ensure that all food is stored in proper containers and at proper storage and holding temperatures.
8. Prepare food needed by other kitchen departments, which is best prepared by this department; and prepare all
food for the next shift and for the following day as required and directed by Supervisor.
9. Maintains work area, including all counter tops, utensils, equipment, and refrigeration in a clean and sanitary
condition in accordance with state, county and company health regulations and work safety regulations.
10. If functioning in a lead capacity: (a) take responsibility for assigned employees in absence of Supervisor, (b)
assigns work, and ensures proper performance of assigned employees.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Skillfully use hand tools or machines to prepare food
2. Read recipes of item to be prepared, picture what the finished product will look like, and accept responsibility
for accuracy of the work as it is turned out.
3. Use arithmetic to figure amounts of product needed; measure ingredients with precision.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: Minimum 6 months experience as line cook and 3 months as pantry/prep cook; OR equivalent
Licenses/Certifications: Food Safety Certification
X Direct the work of associates
X Apportion the work among associates
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently lifts/carries up to 50 lbs. Continual use of
manual dexterity and gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working conditions:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Extreme cold (non-weather)
X Walk extended distances
X Extreme heat (non-weather)
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry 26-50 lbs.
X Near moving or mechanical parts
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
X Near risk of electrical shock
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need dictates.