Summer 2021 (May to October 2021) - Fine-dining
Requiring minimal supervision, a Lead Line Cook will complete almost all culinary tasks and instruct lower-level Cooks on how to complete their work. Will assist the Executive Chef or Sous Chef with menus, planning, coordination, and other tasks as required. Our Lead Line Cook is considered a vital part of the Culinary Arts operations. A Lead Line Cook is considered a supervisor in training and will be involved in recipe development and creation of specials. A Lead Line Cook will be utilized as necessary throughout the operation. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carefully follow standard recipes while preparing assigned items for food service.
- Prepare and cook all food items as laid out in the menu and in accordance with the specifications on the prep sheet
- Handle line assignments as scheduled (station prep and station service)
- Check condition of equipment; obtain necessary utensils, tools, and supplies
- Handles leftover food items as instructed by the Chef.
- Returns soiled food preparation utensils and small ware items to the proper areas.
- Cleans assigned workstation areas.
- Consistently uses safe and sanitary food handling practices according to Local Health and State Laws.
- A cook is required to have more than three years industry experience including internship or a degree from a recognized Culinary college.
- Should be well versed in culinary terms. Thorough understanding of proper cooking methods. Clear understanding of knife work.
- High Volume Cook experience is preferred
- Able to move fast and multi-task in a fast paced, high stress / pressure environment (Heat and Action)
- Frequent Standing for extended periods of time.
- Frequent Walking to collect or deliver goods in various kitchens and or reception areas (buffet set ups).
- Regular Lifting up to 50 Lbs.
- Excellent physical fitness, visual acuity, and sense of smell to work in the kitchen safely.
Available to work the Season 2021 including weekends and holidays. Week schedule up to 40 hours a week.
Transportation is a MUST - There is not accessible to public transportation