Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated across the street from the Long Beach Convention Center and just two blocks from the beach, the Westin Long Beach has something to offer both business and leisure travelers alike. This 474-room hotel is also ideal for groups and weddings, with 37,000 square feet of meeting space, 31 suites, and a stunning garden terrace perfect for "I Dos". And with the Westin's central location, guests are within walking distance of the Aquarium of the Pacific and the Catalina Express, and are just two miles from the Queen Mary. Employment Status
Express your inner paradise. We are looking for an enthusiastic Lead Bartender to provide a world class guest drinking experience. The Lead Bartender curates classic and innovative drinks to create unique beverage forward experiences. Leading a team of 6 bartenders, this position will utilize the latest in craft bartending ideas and tools. Our team at Navy Proof Food and Spirits is committed to delivering a unique and exceptional bar experience to our guests and patrons. What separates Navy Proof Food and Spirits is the bar program, and this position is vital in ensuring that the bar experience is one to be remembered. Leaders whose approach is a little out of the norm, who can connect with others through self-expression, and are ahead of the curve in the latest mixology concepts: we invite you to join us. Responsibilities
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful, and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Set up the bar according to hotel standards and ensure that guests are served promptly and efficiently.
- Prepare beverages and cocktails according to the hotel's mixing and presentation standards.
- Serve guests with all beverage requirements in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
- Break down bar after the completion of functions, storing liquor, supplies and equipment according to the hotel's standards.
- Follow all state liquor laws.
- Know hotel services and facilities.
- Abide by all hotel policies and safety rules.
- Follow prescribed procedures in serving liquor with care to avoid problems with intoxicated guests.
- Respond to guests' problems, complaints and accidents.
- Be familiar with all fire exit locations and fire extinguisher locations and know how to operate.
- Ensure that the bar and service areas are kept clean and tidy during service.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.