Location: Courtyard by Marriott Lincoln/Providence
The Laundry Attendant is responsible for maintaining a constant supply of clean linens and towels for the hotel. This is a Part-Time position (~16-24 hours a week). Must have weekend availability.
- Tends laundering machines to clean articles such as rags, wiping cloth, towels, sheets and other linen.
- Inspect linen to locate and salvage stained or torn items. Records counts for discarded linen.
- Folds, stacks and places towels, sheets and other linen in appropriate storage bin.
- Checks stock and notifies Executive Housekeeper of supply needs.
- Customer Service- Responds promptly to customer needs, requests for service and assistance. Respond to special requests from guests.
- Team Work- Treats people with respect. Keeps commitments. Upholds organizational values. Assists with preventative cleaning programs as assigned. Assists with the transportation of soiled linen containers and clean linen carts.
- Quality- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality. Maintains cleanliness of storage and laundry rooms.
- Quantity- Meets productivity standards and completes work within a timely manner. Completes tasks within approved budget and time.
- Safety and Security- Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses chemicals and equipment properly. Wears gloves while handling soiled linen. Responsible for any assigned keys and for following key control policies.
- Dependability- Is consistently at work and on time. Arrives at scheduled meetings and appointments on time. Is able to meet the demands of the industry with regard to working holidays and weekends.
- Initiative- Volunteers readily. Asks for and offers help when needed. Check with supervisor upon completion of shift before leaving for the day.
- Compliance- Report all lost and found articles to supervisor. Reports equipment problems to maintenance.
High School diploma or equivalent is preferred. One year previous housekeeping experience is a plus.
What we Offer:
At Buffalo Lodging, we are committed to keeping our most important assets- our employees- healthy, happy and productive. To achieve this, we offer a variety of benefits including the following:
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Competitive 401 (k) Retirement Savings Plan with Generous Employer Match
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
- Paid Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Account
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-Term Disability Insurance
- Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Hotel Discounts- for You, Your Friends and Family
- Monthly Employee Appreciation Activities & Events
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Employee Referral Program