Position is SEASONAL. Could become a year-round opportunity, based on performance. Looking to fill P.M. shift (3-11pm). $12.00 per hour.
Weekends are REQUIRED.... ****ESPECIALLY Sundays! If you cannot work weekends, do not apply for this job.
COMPANY BENEFITS (dependent upon hours/tenure/performance)
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Birthday
* Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
* 401K Plan - Company matches up to 3%
* Team Member Travel Program - highly discounted rates at Hilton Brand hotels
* YMCA Corporate Discount
* Monthly Incentives
* Seasonal Bonuses
* Continued Education Sponsor - Employees can earn Hospitality & Tourism certificates at local Community College
* Hilton Schoolroom for remote learning - for employee's children (only during COVID)
* Employee Recognition and Appreciation Program
* Employee Meal Program and Meal Discounts
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for helping to achieve ongoing guest satisfaction and team goals as a tool for continuous improvement. Responsible for washing, drying, and folding all linens and towels.
* Wash, dry, and fold all hotel linen and towels.
* Stock closets on each floor with required linens and towels for daily housekeeping use.
* Properly use all soaps, chemicals and equipment for cleaning linen and towels.
* Clean laundry equipment and vent filters.
* Maintain and rotate a supply of clean linen and towel inventory.
* Assist in the monthly linen and towel inventory.
* Maintain the linen discard log on a daily basis.
* Keep the laundry room, storage areas clean and organized.
* Expedite the delivery of linen and requested items to the room attendants.
* Clean rooms when needed or requested by management.
* Accommodate guest special requests courteously.
* Answer guest questions regarding hotel and local area facilities and services.
* Responsible for the proper administration of key control for issued keys.
* Notify Executive Housekeeper of any problems with linen.
* Carry out any reasonable request by management that you are capable of performing.
* Must be available day before & day of QA Inspection.
* Familiar with frequently used standard operating procedures.
* Ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
* Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
* Individual must possess a good work history and stability.
* Willingness to respond to emergency situations on short notice.
* Individuals must be service and detail oriented.
* Must comply with all department, hotel, and corporate standard operating procedures.
* Responsible for knowing Hotel emergency procedures.
* Be ready available/approachable for all guests.
* Take proactive effort when dealing with guest concerns.
* Extend professionalism and courtesy to guests at all times.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of supportive functions, determined by the supervisor:
* The hotel operates 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Schedules must accommodate fluctuating business demands and associates, may be asked to work shifts other than those they prefer or normally work.
* Carry out all reasonable requests by leadership team.
* Comply with department uniform and appearance standards.
* Must be capable of how to read, write, and speak English fluently.
OBX Resorts, LLC DBA Hilton Garden Inn is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including age, sex, color, race, creed, national origin, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, political belief, or disability.
see above for details