A Groundskeeper is responsible for maintaining the appearance and safety of the hotel grounds in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. What will I be doing?
As a Groundskeeper, you would be responsible t o daily care for and maintain gardens and grounds, pruning, fertilizing, planting, weeding, trimming, watering, mowing and cleaning to ensure an aesthetically pleasing environment for guests. Specifically, you would be responsible for performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
Maintains gardens and interior/exterior grounds by pruning, fertilizing, watering, trimming, sweeping, mowing, cleaning areas, maintaining nursery areas and performing other tasks as assigned in daily schedules. Includes reporting pests or disease problems to Manager and applying pesticides as necessary.
Maintains and operates various maintenance equipment in a safe manner to ensure the safety and comfort of all guests, staff and wildlife. Includes operation of gas powered pruners, lawn mowers, line trimmers, and edgers, following daily time schedules. Maintains all equipment by cleaning, oiling and refueling as necessary.
Waters, trims and dusts interior plants in all rooms/suites as scheduled. Rotates plants and applies pesticides to maintain high quality plants.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the company.
- Performs skilled gardening, trimming tasks in high intensity areas without close supervision, using the highest horticultural agronomic techniques available.
- Performs all landscape and gardening type responsibilities in a professional, safe manner, while maintaining the highest possible respect for the clientele of the hotel.
- Other tasks as assigned by Management.
- Maintain the appearance and safety of the hotel grounds including, but not limited to, lawns, driveways, pathways, patios, verandas, etc.
- Mow, weed and plant flowers, shrubs, trees and grass
- Remove sod and weeds and apply fertilization, pesticides and other treatments
- Keep and maintain records of all chemical applications
- Perform a variety of repair and maintenance tasks for equipment including, but not limited to irrigation systems, lawn and trimming equipment, etc.
What are we looking for? SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
• Knowledge of the maintenance of various land and water plants.
• Ability to understand and speak English to comprehend and respond to inquiries.
• Ability to understand written English to read labels or any caution or safety notices.
• Basic mathematical skills necessary to understand measurements.
• Sufficient manual dexterity to use a variety of gardening tools and implements.
• Ability to operate and maintain various maintenance vehicles and equipment, including tractors, beach cleaners, lawn mowers, line trimmers and edgers, in a safe manner.
• Ability to transport a maximum of 200 lbs. using a hand truck/cart.
• Ability to grasp, lift and/carry a maximum of 50 lbs.
• Ability to perform duties within extreme temperature ranges.
• Hearing and visual ability to detect signs of emergency situations.
• Ability to reach, bend, or stoop to lift or grasp objects on the ground or overhead.
• Ability to sustain extensive standing, walking, kneeling, ladder climbing, lifting, and various activities related to grounds maintenance. Ability to walk/travel to various locations throughout the 20 acre facility.
• Ability to work with a variety of chemicals and poisons in a variety of environments, both indoors and outdoors, i.e, wet, slippery surfaces, ponds, amid dirt and fumes and cramped areas. QUALIFICATION STANDARDS EDUCATION
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred. EXPERIENCE
Ability to write, understand and speak the English language. Knowledge of power equipment such as mowers, blowers, chain saws and trimmers. Plant knowledge is an advantage. Must posses an enthusiasm and willingness to learn. Previous experience is preferred LICENSES OR CERTIFICATES
Applicants with Hawai'i Driver's License preferred. CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred. GROOMING
All team members must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands . Our vision "to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality" unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!