This position is located in Williams, AZ
The Kitchen Crew is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities within the back of house (Expeditor, Dishwasher, and Entry Level Cook). Prep dishes for dishwasher, stocking clean dishes, proper cleanliness and sanitation of the kitchen, dishes, pots/pans, utensils, and glassware, set up and maintain the buffets to standards and specifications by continually stocking and cleaning the buffets, while meeting all deadlines for setup and breakdown. Assisting cooks where needed.
This position is eligible for Workamper RV Space and seasonal dates.
Xanterra Parks & Resorts® Grand Canyon Railway (GCR) "We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity."
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Previous experience as a cook in fast food industry or high volume a la carte dining or institutional cooking experience preferred.
- Current food handler’s certification.
- Knowledgeable in food service sanitation standards.
- Basic knife skills.
- Bilingual (English/ Spanish) skills are desired to effectively communicate with all staff.
- Verbal comprehension (Understand oral and written communications, follow detailed directions).
- Communication skills (provide clear instructions/directions)
- Reasoning skills (problem solving and troubleshooting skills)
- Work safely to prevent on the job accidents and injuries.
- Work in inclement kitchen conditions. (heat, steam, cold, chemicals)
- Work safely to ensure company equipment is secure.
- Wear protective equipment as required by the job duties.
- Complete required food safety courses and certifications.
- Work hours may include a nonstandard workweek, overtime, and various shift work as needed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Constantly standing, walking, twisting, using eye/hand coordination, manual dexterity, handling, wrist motion, bending/ stooping.
- Frequently carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 40lbs.
- Occasionally carrying, bending, stooping, lifting, pushing, and pulling items weighing up to 100lbs.
- Constantly listening, hearing, seeing, and speaking.
- Will be required to stand and walk for long periods of time on cement floors and to occasionally walk on uneven surfaces.
- Static Strength-The ability to exert maximum muscle force to lift, push, pull or carry objects.
- Trunk Strength-The ability to use your abdominal and lower back muscles to support part of the body repeatedly or continuously over time without giving out or fatiguing.