Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
This 645-room hotel is perfectly located on Honolulu's famous Kalakaua Avenue, where it is just steps to the beach and an arm's reach to the best dining, shopping, and entertainment in the area. Guests can borrow the hotel's own towels and beach chairs to spend the day by the sea, or choose to lay out by the hotel's pool with a tropical drink from nearby Tiki's Grill and Bar. And for the adventurous, the Aston Waikiki offers a on-site activities desk ready to curate a number of fun experiences. Employment Status
Come join Aston Waikiki Beach for the summer in one of our dynamic internships! This ten to twelve week structured program contains assignments that will provide learning objectives that give students the opportunity to gain hands on experience in the hotel industry. Our interns have the opportunity to work in multiple departments such as Operations, Pool Area, and Coconut Club. You will learn about the hospitality industry while working in a fun and fast - paced environment. Submit your resume today for consideration! Responsibilities
- Must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and courteous to all guests, managers and fellow associates.
- Shadow multiple office positions and train in a variety of tasks
- Maintain the cleanliness of the pool areas, furniture, and service areas of the pools in an organized manner.
- Replenish all towels and retail amenities and stock as necessary during the shift.
- Assist in opening and closing side-work as assigned.
- Assist in ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of the pool or lounge areas.
- Assist with any retail outlets.
- Assist guests with service requests when needed.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Set up, break down, organize, and maintain Coconut Club; update company calendars.
- Displays the food and beverages in an organized and attractive manner.
- Clear clean and reset tables as needed.
- Be familiar with the organization of the Coconut Club and know the function of each job position.
- High school degree or equivalent; must be enrolled in an accredited university/college program to receive credit
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Self-directed and able to work without supervision
- Energetic and eager to tackle new projects and ideas
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.