Sage Hospitality Group is set to hire an Independent Area Director of Revenue Management
.This position is based in Denver, Colorado.
As part of Sage Hospitality Group, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We believe in enriching lives one experience at a time. More than a slogan, we empower our employees to make positive impacts on the communities in which we live and work. By providing genuine service we build relationships with our guests and value for our shareholders, and we create unforgettable experiences.
We are looking for independent thinkers. Those who harness their entrepreneurial spirit so that it breaks preconceived notions. We're not afraid to forge our own path. After all, it's what industry leaders do. That's why we welcome risk takers and creative spirits alike. No matter your daily role, Sage recognizes that your success is about more than the work you do-it's really about who you are, which is why we invest in your personal and professional growth. We hope you consider joining us!Job Overview
The Independent Area Director of Revenue Management is responsible for a collection of Independent Properties. We are looking for an expert in Independent Hotel Systems, Distribution, with a focus on maximization of revenue, profit, and market share associated with rooms and function space for a portfolio of hotels. Sage Hospitality's Independent portfolio is growing and we're looking for a key person to help us grow and develop our Independent systems and establish a successful growth plan. Our ideal candidate demonstrates excellent leadership skills by educating others and ensures understanding and gains buy-in of the revenue management processes associated with demand, revenue, forecasting, opportunity analysis, and inventory management. A leader who works with and not in a silo, to not just make the most revenue for their individual hotel, but to help improve the revenue management process and works with Sage corporate leaders to recommend, identify future markets, and hotel opportunities.ResponsibilitiesESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maximizes revenue, profit, and market share associated with rooms and function space of assigned hotels.
- Partners with GMs' and Sales Leaders' to ensure a strategic mix of business and pricing strategies are set based on market conditions to achieve sell out efficiency, targeted marketing, maximized revenue, profitability and Annual Budget/Business Plans are aligned.
- Drives continuous improvement and smarter ways to deliver revenue management practices with the Sage Revenue Management Team. Contributes to the Sage's sales and revenue management success during planning and strategy phases through research and knowledgeable input.
- Effectively works with people, creating teamwork, taking charge, generating enthusiasm, motivating and using an uplifting and lead-by-example leadership approach.
- Continuous analysis of competitive set, price positioning, seasonality and mix.
- Use all Yield Management tools available to maximize efforts. Develop appropriate selling strategies to include recommendations on rate, arrival patterns, length of stay, and discount rate availability.
- Manage property participation and production through relevant Internet sites and other distribution channels (CRO, GDS, ADS, and Travel Agency Consortiums).
- Build/maintain relationships with OTA Market Managers and ensure best representation on 3rd party web sites.
- Develop monthly room's revenue forecast to be accurate within 5%.
- Participate in the development of the Annual Business Plan; provide guidance to the mix of business, rate positioning, seasonality, and overall revenue and penetration strategies and goals.
- Perform special projects and other responsibilities as assigned. Participate in task forces and committees as requested.
- Develop and implement an overall Divisional Strategy Plan for Distribution Channel success.
- Direct Reports Where Applicable: Group Coordinator, Reservations Sales Agents, Inventory Manager or Sales Reporting & System Analyst.
- Nimble and flexible but also decisive, ability to both make important decisions and defend strategies, but also be able to pivot and experiment based on existing circumstances.
- All other duties as assigned, requested or deemed necessary by management.
May be required to direct and manage associates within applicable hotels.
Four year degree preferred.Experience
2-5 years of Independent Revenue Management experience required. Multi-property experience preferred, but not required.Knowledge/Skills
- Independent Systems Expert; Flexibility and willingness to learn and develop new systems and processes
- Expert in depth, recent knowledge of Opera other Independent Management Systems encouraged
- Expert in depth, recent knowledge of TravelCLICK iHotelier & Synxis
- Interface and Revenue Management Systems knowledge, Pace, IDEAS multiple systems flexibility
- Understanding of Market Segmentation and rate code mapping; ProfitSword forecasting, mapping and use experience a plus.
- Microsoft Excel proficiency and data presentation a must, higher levels preferred.
- Excellent personal management skills; time management, meeting deadlines, effective communication and presentations skills.
- Excellent understanding of total hotel revenue management concepts, with an emphasis on profitability, processes, and systems.
- Presentation skills and ability to negotiate, convince, sell, and influence professionals and or associates.
- Must be extremely confidential and able to manage sensitive and confidential situations tactfully.
- Ability to work under pressure and have the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Excellent reading and effective writing abilities for completing paperwork and management reports, giving and receiving instructions, review and preparation of all documentation and training
- Excellent mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting, profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to discern/resolve employee complaints, issues and participation in meetings for feedback.
- Ability to review preparation of all documentation - applications, write-ups, reviews.
- Sitting 85%, Walking 5%, Standing 5%, bending, kneeling, lifting, climbing 5%
- Travel - 30-50% travel to hotel properties required.