With eight individual brands and more than 1,500 hotels internationally, Radisson Hotel Group Americas is one of the largest, most dynamic hotel groups in the world. Our portfolio includes Radisson Collection, Radisson Individuals, Radisson Blu, Radisson, Radisson RED, Park Plaza, Park Inn by Radisson and Country Inn & Suites by Radisson.
At the heart of Radisson Hotel Group is our brand promise, Every Moment Matters. More than our signature, it is simply how we do business and who awe are at the core. We strive to provided a meaningful employment experience with a focus on developing our team's talents because we believe our people are the center of our success. Your next opportunity starts here. Join a team of moment makers today!
The Human Resources Specialist is responsible for supporting the HR department in various areas. This position provides support to team of HR Managers/HRBPs and serves as the first point of contact for general HR related needs/questions, from both field and corporate locations. This position will have the opportunity to work with different functional areas across the HR team and deliver on day to day HR and organizational needs, provide solutions, advise leaders, and manage project work both independently and with direction.
• Actively monitors the HR inbox, collaborate with internal and external partners to resolve issues, and promptly follow up with employees.
• Responsible for fielding HR related questions from employees, addressing concerns timely, and proactively keeping stakeholders informed.
• Develops strong partnerships and relationships with the HR team and clients to support the execution of the HR strategy.
• Owns employee programs such as the service anniversaries, exit interview surveys, and other ad hoc programs/projects across the employee lifecycle
• Supports partnership with third party Communications partner, GuideSpark, on performance management and onboarding
• Sends HR communications from the HR inbox
• Responsible for supporting the execution of company-wide cyclical processes including goal setting, performance reviews, quarterly check-ins, compensation planning, talent planning, etc. Run Turnover reports and support various data inquiries in conjunction with HR & Technology team
• Provides occasional Employee Relations guidance via HR Inbox inquiries including coaching and counseling support to leaders in the areas of performance management, policy advisement, and progressive discipline.
• Responsible for following up on concerns made to the Ethics hotline, ensuring all concerns are researched, escalated as appropriate and addressed timely.
• Completes Hotels compliance auditing in the areas of I9s, background checks and data integrity
• Supports HR Managers and HRBPs on restructuring processes, including ownership for the Separation Agreement templates, tracking and coordinating severance payments, mailing separation packets and assisting with employee and manager questions and needs
• Manages employee termination processes, keying in HRIS system (Workday), ensuring Managers and team Executive Assistants take appropriate action
• Provides oversite and support for the unemployment claim process for corporate and managed hotels
• Supports the documentation and updates of corporate and Hotels Employee Handbook and work processes
• Manages the HR section on the Company Intranet site for both corporate and managed hotel audiences ensuring content is relevant, up to date, and value added
• Serves as back up support to the Facilities function which sits within HR, manages the badging process for new hires and terminating employees
• Assists with ad hoc department needs which may include scheduling and coordinating meetings and ensuring technology (i.e. video conference) is working properly.
• Stays abreast of trends in human resources, employee relations and employment practices to help support the evolution of our company culture
• Other duties and project work as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources
• 1-3 years of Human Resources related work experience
• Excellent interpersonal skills and customer service oriented
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and keeps various stakeholders informed
• Takes initiative and has a sense of urgency
• Solid time management, organization and project management skills
• Task oriented with the ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities at once
• Ability to interact professionally with all levels of the organization
• Self-starter who can work autonomously
• Solves problems; is solution oriented
• Flexible and adaptable; comfortable working in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
• Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• HRIS experience and aptitude to learn new systems
• Maintains a high level of confidentiality
• Detail oriented
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and make employment decisions without regard to age, race, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, genetic information or other protected class. Background checks are also required before employment begins.
Visa Requirements: We participate in E-Verify and all candidates must be in possession of identification providing authorization to work in the United States as defined in the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1968 (IRCA). This position does not offer sponsorship of Work Visas.
Please see job description.