Sage Hotel Management is currently seeking an HR Coordinator for two of our Autograph hotels, The Alexandrian and Morrison House located in Alexandria, Virginia.
At Sage Hotel Management, we passionately strive to be the best and create excellence in everything we do. We are known amongst our staff, our owners, our guests, and our communities as leaders in our field who are authentic, humble, innovative, and flexible operators driven to anticipate needs and exceed expectations.
Sage's vision is to be recognized by our customers as the best in our business through ensuring a culture that "makes the ordinary extraordinary!" The ideal candidate should champion this culture in every touchpoint of our business from our associates, guests, owners, and communities. The service and courtesy you extend and promote daily will ensure a healthy and productive culture of serving others with excellence. Join us today!Job Overview
The purpose of this role is lead and manage all aspects of People Resource supporting activities for the property.Responsibilities
- Recruit, screen, interview, perform reference checks and coordinate department
- Position the hotel as the "preferred employer" in the area by maintaining strong community relations with referral agencies to maintain strong applicant flow.
- Coordinate and conduct associate orientation to introduce the associate to the hotel/company and ensure the appropriate information is disseminated and the appropriate forms are completed and processed: may include but not limited to, new hire forms, tax forms, benefit enroll forms, I-9 forms and an overview to the company handbook and employee policies.
- Communicate, educate and administer the associate benefit program in a timely, accurate manner.
- Assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of various associate relations programs and events to ensure consistent administration and reduction of turnover.
- Provide open communications and promote a positive and pro-employee work environment.
- Bring all sensitive associate related information to the attention of the Director of HR (DHR).
- Process forms and respond to written and oral inquiries regarding verification of employment, wages, unemployment compensation and worker's compensation claims, in a manner which is consistent and ensure that liability is minimized.
- Maintain employee records, files and the human resource office systems.
- Compile various corporate reports and property reports to provide management with accurate information and comply with corporate policies and procedures as well as government laws and regulations.
Four-year college degree or equivalent/education experienceExperience
Experience is required with this company or other organization(s) for two to three years in hotel, human resources or related position.Knowledge/Skills
- Must have moderate PC knowledge, Microsoft Office
- Bi-lingual fluency a plus
- Must be hospitality oriented and possess the ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously. May require supervision/management skills
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying -5%
- Bending/kneeling -5% daily would require entering lower drawers of filing cabinets that require bending, as needed to remove debris from floor to maintain a safe work area.
- Mobility -30% of day spent around the hotel maintaining employee relations, accessing copier, fax, maneuvering around the busy HR office.
- Continuous standing -only when conducting training usually 4 hour maximum -average once a month.
- Able to hear employee concerns, conduct interviews, phone work.
- Able to review documentation, judge appearance, read applications, file records.
- Excellent speech communication skills required to conduct interviews, counseling sessions, phone work
- Excellent comprehension and literacy required to review and prepare documentation.
95% indoor office environmentBenefits