Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Overview
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for assisting the Director of Human Resources with a variety of Human Resources functions. He/she is also responsible for filling all hourly positions in a timely manner, accurate and timely completion of paperwork, the understanding and enforcement of company policies, and assisting with benefits and workmen's compensation duties. Responsibilities
- Administer insurance benefits, calculate billing totals, explain benefits, assist with completion of enrollment forms, and answer questions.
- Compile review list and distribute to departments.
- Compile Turnover Report, copy and distribute.
- Enter payroll information on computer (wage information, changes).
- Conduct prescreening interviews.
- Respond to unemployment claims, maintain unemployment logbook.
- Maintain new hire, termination, transfer and promotion logbook.
- Audit hours worked in payroll reports for eligibility of benefits.
- Compile wage surveys.
- Monitor and maintain Leave of Absence log.
- Monitor Workman's Compensation claims, complete First Report of Injury and Employers Report of Industrial Injury.
- Answer questions regarding 401K Plan, vacation and benefits (insured and noninsured).
- Maintain complimentary room night log, process employee requests.
- Prepare and place recruitment advertising.
- Process paperwork for terminating employees.
- Maintain advertising logbook.
- Become certified trainer in all Human Resources training modules.
- Ensure compliance with all HR and related Loss Prevention SOP's.
- Participate in Highgate Hotel Enrichment Committee.
- Schedule Highgate Hotel Orientation.
- Assist in Highgate Hotel Orientation - explain benefits, conduct tour of property.
- Write articles and take pictures for property newsletter.
- Assist with special projects; plan employee events (meetings, picnics, parties).
- Coordinate Travel Reduction Program, write Travel Reduction Plan, conduct yearly transportation survey.
- Maintain First Aid log.
- At least 1 year of progressive Human Resources experience in a hotel or a related industry required.
- Previous supervisory responsibility preferred.
- College course work in related field helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Long hours sometimes required.
- Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and evaluate complex information, data, etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
For California Applicants Only
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.