Are you usually the best at what you do? Is helping others something you enjoy?Embassy Suites Hotel in Lynnwood is looking for you! Come join our fun and friendly housekeeping team.
Assure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain high standards of quality.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES:
40 Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
25 Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
15 Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
5 Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
5 Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position.
Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel.
Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with rules and regulations for the safe and efficient operation of hotel facilities. Employees who violate Hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based upon the particular requirements of the hotel.
* Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
* Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture.
* Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
* Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or A.M. lobby attendants when requested.
You will use your bright smile and fast and efficient style to support our suitekeepers by making sure they have the supplies and help needed to get suites ready for new guests. You will also be the go-to person for special projects that will make our hotel shine.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents, and operation of different types of equipment.
* Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical training standards during new hire introductory period.
* Basic ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security; for example product safety labels and emergency instructions.
Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Previous janitorial experience preferred.
Licenses or certificates:
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance (specific standards available).