Please apply only if you are a local resident.
The Room Attendant is responsible for maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests.
Promotional opportunity to become a Self-Inspector then a Supervisor depending on attitude, performance, and attendance.
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: Previous housekeeping experience in residential or commercial setting helpful but not required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull, or move objects.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required including weekends and holidays.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & FUNCTIONS
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Comply at all times with Kalahari Resort standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart set-up.
- Report all missing items from room such as irons/boards, hair dryers, coffee makers, to the Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to the Housekeeping Manager or Supervisor.
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the standards.
- Attend Daily Promise and department meetings as required by management.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.