Named one of the best hotels in San Diego by Conde Naste Traveler and US News and World Reports, Solamar is a vibrant urban refuge. Located in San Diego's Gaslamp Quarter, Solamar boasts 235 restful rooms, designed with an unmistakable San Diego vibe; a rooftop pool and delectable dining destinations. Upper East and Jsix, our modern American restaurants, are leaders in local and sustainable sourcing of ingredients uniquely combined to create a delectable dining experience. Looking for a fun place to work? Join our team today!Position Info
The Housekeeping Room Attendant is responsible for the cleanliness of the guest room's interior and exterior including patios, entrance areas and kitchens, if applicable.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Respond promptly to requests from guests and other departments.
- Fill carts with supplies and transport cart to assigned area.
- Pick up work assignments from the Housekeeping Department and review any questions and guest room master keys.
- Enter guest rooms following procedures for gaining access.
- Replace guest amenities and supplies in rooms.
- Replace dirty linen and terry with clean items.
- Make beds and fold linen.
- Clean bathrooms.
- Clean kitchens, if applicable, per property guidelines and standards.
- Remove trash, dirty linen, and room service items.
- Check that all appliances are present in the room and in working order.
- Straighten desk items, furniture and appliances.
- Dust, polish, and remove marks from walls and furnishings.
- Vacuum carpets and perform floor care duties.
- Follow property stay over service guidelines.
- Clean mirrors, windows, high and low dusting
- Follow all OSHA and MSDS rules and regulations.
- Follow all company safety and security policies and procedures.
- Immediately report accidents, injuries and unsafe work environment to manager.
- Follow all resort policies and procedures, ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationship with others.
- Support team to reach common goals.
- Ensure adherence to quality, expectations and standards.
- Identify, recommend, develop, and implement new ways to increase organizational, efficiency, productivity, quality, safety, and/or cost-savings.
- Actively participates in Safety Programs and abides by all injury reporting and safety behavior.
- Participates in and supports property's efforts towards community service, sustainability and environmental initiatives.
- Perform other duties as directed, developed or assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with the public and other Team Members
- Prior housekeeping experience helpful
- Must have flexibility weekends and holidays
Davidson Hospitality Group is an award-winning, full-service hospitality management company overseeing hotels, restaurants, dining and entertainment venues across the US. A trusted partner and preferred operator for Hilton, Hyatt, Kimpton, Marriott, and Margaritaville, Davidson offers a unique entrepreneurial management style and owners' mentality that provides the individualized personal service of a small company, enhanced by the breadth and depth of skill and experience of a larger company. In keeping with the company's heritage of delivering value, Davidson is comprised of four highly specialized operating verticals: Davidson Hotels, Pivot, Davidson Resorts and Davidson Restaurant Group.
In keeping with the company's heritage of delivering value to its owners and team members, Davidson offers a rich benefit program with a variety of benefits designed to enrich the lives and well-being of our team members and their families.
- Three Tiers of Medical Coverage
- 24/7 Healthcare Concierge
- 24/7 Teledoc service
- Maternity Program
- Cancer Program
- Free Maintenance Medications
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Company Paid Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, and Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance Buy Ups
- Short Term Disability Buy-Up
- Critical Illness
- Accident Insurance
- Hospital Indemnity
- Home and Auto insurance
- Legal Assistance
- Pet Insurance
- Hotel Discounts
- Tuition Reimbursement
- EAP Program
- Emergency Travel Assistance
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, bereavement, and Holidays).
- 401K Match
- Team Member Service Awards
Working at Davidson is like nowhere else. It's less of a job, more of a calling. It's part career, part revolution. Because whatever you do here, you play a part in helping redefine the way quality hospitality is delivered to our guests, our clients, our partners, and each other.
EOE AA- Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation
Davidson Hospitality is a drug free workplace. Pre-employment drug test and background check required. We participate in E-Verify.