The overall objective and purpose of the Housekeeping Manager are to assist the Executive Housekeeper in directing the daily operations of Housekeeping and Laundry to ensure clean, orderly, and attractive conditions of the hotel. The incumbent is responsible for completing inspections and holds Grand Performers accountable for high cleanliness standards, as well as for ensuring guest and Grand Performer satisfaction while maintaining the operating budget. They are to provide inspiring and strategic leadership while directing the activities of the Housekeeping Department in support of the mission, core values, standards, and goals established by the company. CORE RESPONSIBILITIES
Primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Obtains list of vacant rooms which need to be cleaned immediately and list of prospective check-outs in order to prepare work assignments
- Assigns workers their duties, and inspects work for conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness
- Advises manager or desk clerk of rooms ready for occupancy
- Inventories stock to ensure adequate supplies
- Investigates complaints regarding housekeeping service and equipment, and assists manager with corrective action.
- Examines rooms, halls, and lobbies to determine the need for repairs or replacement of furniture or equipment, and makes recommendations to management
- Conducts orientation training of new employees to explain company policies, housekeeping work procedures, and to demonstrate use and maintenance of equipment
- Records data concerning work assignments, Grand Performer actions, and time records, and prepares periodic reports
- Attends periodic staff meetings with other department heads to discuss company policies and guest complaints, and to make recommendations to improve service and ensure more efficient operation
- Assists manager in preparing reports concerning room occupancy, payroll expenses, and department expenses
- Plans work schedules to ensure adequate service.
- Supports and supervisors an effective inspection program for all guestrooms and public space.
- Have a thorough knowledge of the product, including room types, amenities, services, and brand standards
- All other duties as assigned, planned or un-planned
- To perform this role successfully, an individual must have experience achieving desired result(s) in their areas of responsibility. The requirements listed below are representative of observable behaviors and essential knowledge, skill, and abilities required of a successful incumbent.
- Strategic business leader - Works strategically to devise plans in alignment with organizational goals.
- Cultivates engagement - Builds loyalty to the company and not to themselves. Proven ability to host/facilitate effective meetings, motivate teams to produce results with tight timeframes while simultaneously managing several projects.
- Generates alignment - Ensures proper time and effort is spent to build high-level performance and consistency throughout collection.
- Leads with courage - Provides a culture of accountability.
- Execution of plans - Utilizes our systems, tools, and resources to accomplish results and achieve goals
- Advanced level of written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to implement and uphold service standards
- Ability to prioritize and organize work assignments
- Ability to work well in stressful, high-pressure situations
- Comprehensive knowledge of a safe work environment
- High school diploma or General Education Degree - required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in similar scope and title - required
- Experience within luxury brand/markets - required
- Supervisory and leadership responsibilities include achieving results through providing direction and accountability of the following Grand Performers within the culture and policies established by the Kessler Collection.
- Housekeeping Supervisors
- Laundry Supervisors
- The work environment/conditions described herein are representative of those that an incumbent may experience.
- Must be comfortable working in a shared space, with constant noise, without the use of a private office.
- Must be able to cope with frequent changing priorities and deadlines with a high degree of optimism, professionalism & collaboration.
- Schedules may vary from week to week based on business demands in excess of 40 hours with or without notice.
The Kessler Collection is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
- The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an incumbent to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to move 10lbs on a daily basis.
- Push, pull, and lift up to 50lbs on a weekly basis.
- While performing the duties of this job, the incumbent is regularly required to travel by foot, car, bus, airplane, or other means of transportation which require sitting, waiting, and standing for long and short periods of time