Housekeeping Manager/ Director of HousekeepingESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Assist and support the Housekeepers by completing the following:
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strip guest rooms after the guests have departed
- Remove all dirty and soiled linen (towels, sheets, pillow cases, etc.)
- Remove all trash from the rooms including:
- Remove used soap, bathroom trash, guest rooms trash, checking refrigerator for leftovers food, check the coffee maker filters, check the closet floor and top shelf and removing all debris from the floors and tables
- Deliver fresh linen to housekeeping closets and directly to housekeepers as needed
- Vacuum guest room hallways
- Clean vending machine/ice maker areas
- Walk and clean stairwells. Make sure all trash and debris is cleared and sweep and mop as needed
- Assist in special cleaning projects including assisting in laundry and in the hotel public areas
- Clean associate linen landing areas
- Put away properly any housekeeping tools such as brooms, dusters, etc.
- Remove and trash/debris on shelving units
- Sweep and mop the floors
- Remove trash
- Deliver guest items upon request such as irons, hair dryers, rollaway beds, soap, shampoo, etc.
- Remove all end of day trash and take it to the trash compacto
- Must be able to speak English to communicate with other departments and fellow associates
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co- workers with their job duties and be a team player. Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs. Ability to comprehend and follow instructions from supervisor.PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
Our customers are what we are about. One of the keys to a positive guest experience is positive interaction with Crescent staff. It is essential that you remain professional at all times, and that you treat all guests and associates with courtesy and respect, under all circumstances. Every Crescent associate is a guest relations ambassador, every working minute of every day.
In order to maintain a positive guest and associate experience, your work habits should always meet and strive to exceed hotel standards for work procedures, dress, grooming, punctuality and attendance. You should be adaptable to change in your work area and in hotel procedures with a willingness to learn new skills and/or improve existing ones, have the ability to solve routine problems that occur on the job and ask for help whenever you are not sure how to do something.
Safety & Security:
The safety and security of our guests and associates is of utmost importance to Crescent. Every Crescent associate should adhere to the hotel security policies and procedures, particularly regarding key controls, lifting heavy objects, using chemicals, and effectively reporting safety hazards and safety concerns.NOTE
This description excludes non-essential and marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. Furthermore, the specific examples in each section are not intended to be all-inclusive. Rather, they represent the typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. Other job-related duties may be assigned by the associate’s supervisor.
Furthermore, this description is subject to change, in the sole discretion of the Company, and in no way creates an employment contract, implied or otherwise; each associate remains, at all times, an “at will” associate.
See Job Description.