Spire Hospitality is a nationally recognized third-party hotel management company specializing in creating value for our hotel investors while delivering exceptional guest experiences and providing an outstanding place to work. The Irving, TX-based company's diverse portfolio of properties includes unique independent hotels and highly respected brands, including Marriott, Hilton and IHG. Spire is part of the AWH Partners family, which also includes AWH Development, a full-service real estate development company headquartered in New York. With more than 35 years of hotel operating experience, Spire is committed to redefine Hospitality with our continued focus on People, Passion, and Purpose!
Job Overview: Ensure cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists room attendants in order to maintain high standards of quality.
Responsibilities and Duties:
* Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
* Empty room attendant carts of soiled linen and trash.
* Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and door. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
* Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
* Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
* Assist room attendants with removal of trash and linen from guest rooms during high occupancy turnover.
* Assist carpet cleaner with relocation of furniture. Respond to guest questions. Provide guest assistance, directions, and information as requested.
* Provide instruction and/or guidance for guest and employee safety in fire or other emergency situations.
* Other duties as assigned such as assisting room attendants or A.M. lobby attendants when requested.
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation.
* Knowledge of stain removal and chemical cleaning agents, and operation of different types of equipment.
* Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
* Ability to comprehend and follow instructions.
* Ability to learn and apply hazardous chemical training standards during new hire introductory period.
* Basic ability to comprehend the English language sufficient to understand and communicate information for reasons such as safety and security; for example, product safety labels and emergency instructions.
* Any combination of education and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Previous janitorial experience preferred.
* Additional language ability preferred.