Amerilodge Group is searching for our next General Manager for the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Detroit North-Troy in Troy, Michigan! We are looking for an Experienced, Results-driven leader to join our team and motivate our staff to meet guest satisfaction scores and maintain brand standards. Do you have IHG Experience and want to join a company with great opportunities and benefits? Are you looking for a new challenge where no two days are the same? This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
Amerilodge Group is a rapidly growing hospitality company with hotels throughout Michigan, Indiana and Ohio. We were recently named a "Top 100 Places to Work" by the Detroit Free Press for 2020. We provide a solid Corporate Support Structure so that our Property Managers can focus on what is important - our guests and staff. We work hard, and play hard too, with several opportunities for group outings and ongoing training. Our CEO will tell you we spend more time with those we work with than the people we live with and has instilled a Corporate "Extended Family" culture throughout our properties. The ideal candidate will embrace this culture.
What Can We Offer You As Our GM?
General Managers with Amerilodge Group are eligible to take part in a General Manager Bonus Plan on a yearly basis. In addition, you would be eligible to enroll in our Comprehensive Benefit Plan after 30 days, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and Flexible Spending. In addition, this plan includes Short Term and Long Term Disability, Life Insurance, and 401K. All employees are able to take part in our Employee Referral Bonuses, Employee Brand Discounts, and our Employee Assistant Program.
Provide day-to-day leadership and direction by maximizing financial returns, driving development of people, creating and maintaining a unique guest experience, executing on brand standards and building awareness of hotel and brand in the local community.
- Be you by being natural, professional and personable in the way you are with people
- Get ready by taking notice and using your knowledge so that you are prepared for anything
- Show you care by being thoughtful in the way you welcome and connect with guests
- Take action by showing initiative, taking ownership and going the extra mile
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of annual capital, cash flow, and sales and marketing plans to accurately forecast budgets and achieve required operating results.
- Analyze financials to drive revenues, future profitability, and maximum return on investment. Use distribution channels and technology platforms to drive revenue and maximize market share.
- Lead capital plans and asset management initiatives, including working with the corporate team to maintain or improve property’s market leadership position.
- Responsible for daily, monthly, and annual property cash handling procedures, deposits, and security.
- Develop programs that drive improvements in team member engagement and are aligned with the brand service behaviors.
- Develop, implement and monitor team member succession planning to ensure future bench strength.
- Establish performance and development goals for team members and provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to enhance performance.
- Ensure team members Brand and Company’s educational standards are met and documented to brand standards.
- Oversee any salary, disciplinary or staffing/human resources-related actions in accordance with company rules and policies.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with all departments and corporate contacts.
- Ensure hotel adequately staffed to business needs and budgeted labor standards.
- Demonstrate brand citizenship by maintaining compliance with all required brand standards, behaviors, hallmarks and license agreement mandates. This includes passing all brand Quality Assurance Audits and Local Inspections.
- Drive improvement in guest satisfaction goals. Collaborate with colleagues and hotel team members to establish and implement services and programs that meet or exceed guest expectations.
- Interact with guests, solicit feedback and build relationships.
- Use technology platforms to drive guest experience scores.
- Achieve brand and corporate goals (daily, monthly, and annually).
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests, team members and hotel assets in compliance with hotel’s or owner’s policies and procedures and regulatory requirements. This includes maintaining records to company and brand standards.
- Maintain relations with outside contacts.
- Act as public relations representative to raise awareness of hotel and brand in local community. Drive team member involvement in community organizations, activities and businesses.
- Develop and carry out action plans to be environmentally-conscious by taking steps to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint.
- Must be accessible or have designated person, communicated to hotel staff and General Manager’s Supervisor, accessible (during scheduled vacations, etc.) to staff and company for emergency situations 7 days a week/24 hours a day.
- Ensure hotel is prepared and staff trained for emergency situations and inclement weather conditions.
Public, business atmosphere, in which temperatures may vary within reason of indoor climates. Outdoor maintenance of property grounds, as needed. Lifting and carrying up to 10 lbs. may occur and with assistance, moving up to 50 lbs. Must be able to sit and stand for long periods of time.
In order to be successful in the role of General Manager, candidates should meet the following criteria:
High school diploma or General Education Certificate is required. Associates Degree or Bachelors Degree in hospitality are encouraged. Previous Hotel Management Experience is required. Same brand experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
- Must have the ability to speak, understand, read and write the English language.
- Must be able to multi-task effectively in a busy office and public atmosphere.
- Must have the ability to apply appropriate resolution to stressful situations.
- Must read and understand the Employee Handbook.
- Must be able to follow policy and perform to enhance professionalism in appearance and behavior.
- Must be able to perform basic computer skills (including Excel, Word, and E-Mail).
- Must be capable of performing all hourly functions and operating all equipment in hotel.