Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle. www.highgate.com . Location
Situated at the end of famed Canal Street, The Westin New Orleans offers stunning views of the mighty Mississippi River and the French Quarter. Guests are just steps from the Shops at Canal Place and Harrah's Casino and a short walk to the excitement of Bourbon Street and the Ernest N. Morial Convention Center. The hotel features 462 rooms and suites, including a Presidential Suite, with Westin's signature Heavenly® bedding, 34,000-sq-ft of event space, a fully equipped WestinWORKOUT fitness center, a lobby bar Observatory 11 with the best view of the French Quarter anywhere, and a new restaurant Bistro at the Bend. Employment Status
The Hostperson is responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions. Responsibilities
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from guests and servers as needed.
- Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the shift.
- Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if appropriate.
- Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as needed.
- Know and understand the state liquor laws.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.