This Job is located in Islamorada FL
Located in the heart of the Florida Keys, and embodying the essence of a tropical paradise and island escape, the Pierres restaurant beckons guests to relax, "be yourself", and create treasured memories with family, friends, or colleagues. Its fresh sophistication - evoking the textures of its environmentally diverse surroundings - complements the spirited tradition of barefoot elegance, genuine service, and warm hospitality that personifies this legendary island. Its lush palm-fringed grounds, contemporary island décor, and diverse coastal cuisine will continue to define Pierres as a destination for both leisure and business, and champion its storied reputation as the pioneer of luxury dining in the Florida Keys.
I. Job Summary
As the first person to greet and welcome guests, the restaurant host is a critical link to guest satisfaction. The host greets and seats guests while coordinating guest reservations and responding to inquiries in an efficient, courteous, and professional manner that results in maximum satisfaction. This person should be very comfortable interacting with guests and potential clients in a highly professional manner.
II. Job Responsibilities
- Attend team briefings.
- Greet and make all guests feel welcomed to the restaurant.
- Use the guest's name at least three times during the interaction.
- When seating guests, pull out at least one chair, hand the guests the menus closed, and present the menu and wine list to the assumed host.
- As the guest leaves, thank the guest for visiting the restaurant.
- Present a clean and professional appearance at all times.
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful, and courteous demeanor at all times.
- Ensure guest satisfaction by responding to guest inquiries with accurate information and a positive attitude.
- Promote hotel amenities and services to guests using personal knowledge and effective selling techniques.
- Welcome and effectively resolve guest questions, issues, and complaints with supervisor assistance as needed.
- Set up host stand, review guest reservation book, and maximize the set-up of the dining space to provide positive memorable guest experiences.
- Maintain a station chart and cover count for the restaurant while recognizing the maximum workload capacity of each server in order to meet service standards.
- Take guest reservations or provide information regarding the restaurant or any other hotel amenity or service.
- Inspect and maintain daily menus to ensure quality, condition and appearance while developing a complete working knowledge of all menu items and daily specials.
- Assist with special projects (menu changes, signage, etc.) as needed.
- Ensure proper table set-up and make minor adjustments as needed.
- Examine each table for missing items. Remove any items that do not meet cleanliness standards.
- Complete training on computer software systems.
- Complete training on safe lifting procedures.
- Complete training on bloodborne pathogens.
- Complete training on food safety/contamination/cross-contamination prevention.
- Complete training on prevention of slips/trips/falls in the food prep and service area.
Perform other duties as assigned.