$12.00 an hour
Are you seeking a challenging career in an upbeat environment that offers the opportunity to advance? If you are, then the Hotel Effie is the place for you! We offer our full time associates a competitive benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k and hotel discounts.
Ovide, the fine dining restaurant at Hotel Effie, is seeking an experienced Host to join our team of talented professionals. Ovide is an elegant, culinary adventure led by acclaimed Georgia Chef Hugh Acheson, which brings together classic Gulf Coast flavors and impeccable classic French technique.
The Hotel Effie is a beautiful, new luxury 250 room hotel located in Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort. The Hotel Effie is an extraordinary treasure nestled between the white sandy beaches and emerald green water of the Gulf Coast and the living shorelines of Choctawhatchee Bay in Northwest Florida.
Highgate Hotels, the managing company of The Hotel Effie, is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate fosters an inspiring and inclusive culture that helps to make us best-in-class in the hospitality world. Unlimited career growth, inspiring leadership and long-term career possibilities are just some of the reasons why the most talented individuals in the hospitality world carve out long-term relationships with Highgate.
www.highgate.com . LocationEmployment Status
The Ovide Restaurant Host is responsible for ensuring the prompt recognition and seating of all guests in outlets as assigned and assists the servers in providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to guests throughout their dining experience. He/she is also responsible for assisting the cashier in the collection of payment for all guest transactions. Responsibilities
- Greet and seat guests at appropriate tables in a timely manner.
- Be attentive of guests' needs assist in providing a pleasant dining experience.
- Assist cashier in collection of money or credit cards from guests and servers as needed.
- Know how to prepare cashier report at the end of the shift.
- Pay out servers' and service attendants' tips if appropriate.
- Know how to properly take reservations for outlets.
- Ensure quality control of menus with regard to cleanliness and appearance.
- Perform opening and closing duties according to established sidework checklist.
- Have a complete knowledge of standards of service for receiving a room service order.
- Have a thorough knowledge of menus and current specials in all applicable departments.
- Assist servers and cashiers in the servicing of guests as needed.
- Know and understand the state liquor laws.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.