Job Title: Cashier-Host-Hostess
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Dining Room Manager
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To greet guests upon entrance to outlet, direct guests to appropriate seating, and record payments upon guest's completion of meal.
1. Schedule dining reservations and arranges parties or special services for diners.
2. Greet guests, escorts them to tables, provides menus, and adds or removes place settings as
3. Adjust complaints of patrons as directed by supervisor.
4. Assign work tasks and coordinate activities of dining room personnel to ensure prompt and
courteous service to patrons and fairness to servers.
5. Inspect dining room serving stations for neatness and cleanliness, and requisitions table linens
and other dining room supplies for tables and serving stations.
6. Notify servers of new tables and notify line cooks of the arrival of large parties.
7. May train dining room employees. May schedule work hours and keep time records of dining
8. May assist in planning menus. May prepare beverages and expedite food orders.
9. May total receipts, at end of shift, to verify sales and clear cash register. May collect payment
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly and talk easily with all kinds of people to put them at ease.
2. Use judgment and reasoning to cope with emergencies, such as sudden illness, accident, or
3. Perform a variety of activities, changing activities often and sometimes without notice.
4. Plan and carry out an activity.
5. Plan the work of others.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience None required