The Host is responsible for the positive experience of guests through effective greeting upon arrival and a proper thank you upon departure.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
• Control the flow of work in the room by seating guests in station rotation while maintaining guest lists and following and enforcing check issue procedures.
• Assign opening and/or closing side duties. Supervise side work and ensure completed lists of set ups of all stations before departure of service staff.
• Handle reservation book, take incoming telephone calls, note reservations and special requests by guests.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
• Provide direct service to guests as needed, including, but not limited to, serving tables, bussing tables, seating guests and general clerical/cashier duties.
• Perform any general cleaning tasks using standard hotel cleaning products to adhere to health standards.
• Additional duties as necessary and assigned
High School Diploma or equivalent general education degree (GED).
• Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
• Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
• Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Knowledge of appropriate table settings and service ware.
• Knowledge of all menu items, prices and general service procedures.
• Must possess basic computational ability.
• Most work tasks are performed indoors. Temperature is moderate and controlled by hotel environmental systems.
• Must be able to stand and exert well-paced mobility for up to 6 hours in length.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability to maneuver between functions occurring simultaneously.
• Must be able to exert well-paced ability in limited space.
• Must be able to lift up to 15 lbs. on a regular and continuing basis.
• May be required to lift trays of food or food items weighing up to 30 lbs. occasionally.
• Requires grasping, writing, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and visual acuity.
• Talking and hearing occur continuously in the process of communicating with guests, supervisors and other employees.
• Vision occurs continuously with the most common visual functions being those of near vision and depth perception.
• Requires manual dexterity to use and operate all necessary equipment.
• Must be able to work effectively in a stressful environment, communicate with others, effectively deal with customers and accept constructive criticism from supervisors.
• Must be able to change activity frequently and cope with interruptions.
• May be required to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Salamander is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Drug Free Workplace, and participates in E-Verify.
See job description.