B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group invites you to join our team as our Head Chef at The Watermark Hotel in Tysons Corner, VA. As a leading owner and operator in the Hospitality industry, we are committed to providing an unmatched career experience and are committed to the success and development of our team members. The 300-unit Watermark Hotel - Tysons is an upscale, all-suite lodging facility with a breakfast café, full bar lounge, extensive outdoor patios, business center and 1,600 square feet of meeting space. The property, owned by Capital One Financial and operated by the B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, will serve associates of Capital One as well as corporate and leisure guests visiting the region. Located in the Capital One Center at the heart of Tysons Corner, the Watermark Hotel has a prominent location - steps from the McLean Metro Station, Capital One Hall, a variety of restaurants and shops, and a Wegmans grocer.
The Watermark Hotel is looking for an innovative and quality-driven Head Chef who is ready to create lasting memories through flavorful dishes. The Head Chef will have an opportunity to infuse their own flare while complimenting the lounge style with delicious food created from scratch. Enhancing the culture of hospitality. The Head Chef is responsible for effectively leading a culinary department and adhering to brand standards to ensure menus, presentation, food quality, and timely delivery exceeds expectations. This position is responsible for ensuring the culinary department operates effectively, including adherence to health regulations. Ensure menus, presentation, food quality, and timely delivery meets client's needs. Effective management of assigned staff to ensure achievement of overall financial results, guest satisfaction and positive team members relations.Responsibilities:
- Food Quality and Production: Accountable for managing staff to ensure highest level of food quality and production to standards. Responsible for daily line checks, expediting for quality control and other follow up as necessary. Ensures food preparation and delivery standards are met for banquet events and all outlets including restaurant, room service, concierge, and a la carte service.
- Presentation and Menu Development: Ensures outstanding presentation through use records and photographs, and monitoring that plate set ups meet the photo-record standards. Depending on brand standards, meets menu revision timelines. Accountable for entire process including internal and competitive set analysis, and menu engineering. Upon completion of menu changes, trains team and develops new menu items, use records, and photographs. Communicates effectively with all other hotel managers involved to ensure overall menu changes occur effectively and by the deadline.
- Cost Control: Responsible for management of kitchen expenses to maximize hotel profitability. Responsible for effective labor management through proper scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting based on business needs. Follows B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procurement guidelines and applies good business judgment, controlling food cost while maximizing food and beverage revenue. Assists with the preparation and management of the department budget. Manages and maintains company assets to stay within budget guidelines and prolong the life of company resources.
- Guest Service: Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring food and beverage standards are met. Identifies and addresses guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner. Works side by side with kitchen staff to train and model appropriate operational standards including adhering to ticket times while maintaining high food quality.
- Training: Responsible for the training all team members and ensuring training records are maintained. Analyzes quality issues, identifies training needs and ensures implementation to improve results. Utilizes available resources and adheres to B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group training policies. Ensures all company, brand, and department specific training requirements are met.
- Safety/Risk Management: Conduct routine inspections of food and beverage operations to maintain quality food, beverage and kitchen/restaurant standards per B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group, brand, local, state and federal regulations. Ensures a clean and safe work environment, and follows all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group procedures for guest/team member's incidents.
- People Management: Responsible for interviewing, hiring, coaching, and development of all team members. Evaluates staff performance and takes appropriate corrective action as needed to hold team members accountable. Motivates staff by setting goals, providing ongoing feedback, and rewarding/recognizing team members.
- Self/Workload Management: Responsible for effective self/workload management. Demonstrates clear written and verbal communication skills. Promotes collaboration and positive, professional work environment. Attends all daily, weekly and/or monthly department/hotel meetings to ensure proper communication/planning occurs. Adheres to all B. F. Saul Company Hospitality Group Standard Operating Procedures.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education: High school diploma or GED required. College and/or culinary degree or equivalent experience required. Serve Safe or approved equivalent certification, or the ability to obtain certification is required.
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities : 5+ years of progressive kitchen supervisory experience required. Must be detail oriented, have ability to communicate well with all levels within and outside the organization, and be able to problem-solve with team members. Must be able to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.
Physical Requirements : Ability to lift, push, and pull up to 50 pounds on a regular basis throughout shift. Requires ability to work extended hours based on business needs, with physically demanding responsibilities such as walking, standing, carrying, and lifting throughout the extended shift.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Experience/Knowledge/Skills/Abilities: Prefer 4 or more years as a chef in a hotel setting of similar size, brand, and reputation for outstanding service.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disabled