Nationwide Hotel Management Company
, LLC. (NHMC) is a full-service hotel management company specializing in the economy and select service segments of the hospitality industry, with services focused on the extended stay segment. NHMC has been recognized as one of the 30 Top Hotel Companies by Hotel Management magazine. With over 120 hotels under management throughout the United States, NHMC is one of the country’s largest hotel management companies, and largest within the Choice Hotels family of brands. Founded in 2003 and reorganized in 2018 NHMC is based in Wichita, Kansas. With “People First”
as it’s guiding principle, the company has over 1,150 associates and growing. Please visit www.nationwidehmc.com
to learn more about our organization and to view additional career opportunities. This position is located at a WoodSpring Suites Hotel.
NHMC offers a competitive benefits plan including medical, dental, vision, and other voluntary products as well as company paid life insurance and short- and long-term disability. Full-time employees receive paid time off and a generous company paid holiday schedule in addition to being eligible for Traditional and Roth 401K with up to a 4% company match.$350 hiring bonus
- $150 hiring bonus after 90 days of employment
- $200 additional hiring bonus after 180 days of employment
Directs and controls the activities in the lobby and front desk area to ensure that guests receive outstanding customer service according to company and brand standards. Directs other employees and prioritizes job duties when General Manager (GM) is away from the hotel.
Greets guests, assists them with check-ins and check-outs, registers and assigns rooms, issues room keys/cards, transmits and receives messages, keeps records of occupied rooms and guest accounts, makes and confirms reservations, presents statement to and collects payments from guests as well as ensuring that guest payments are collected and processed in a reliable and timely manner.
Ensures that all service provided are consistently prompt and courteous and meet high standards of quality to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business. Inspects guest rooms and public spaces to ensure compliance and to confirm rooms and property are guest ready. Responds to all emergency situations (police, fire, emergency responder, weather, building – electrical outage, water line breaks, etc.) in a timely manner.
Cleans the lobby and public restroom; washes and folds laundry; and assists other staff in preparing check outs to be guest ready.Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time benefit eligible position with rotating weekday and weekend shifts. Employees in this position may be asked to take overnight on-call shifts from time to time.Essential Job Functions
- Provides leadership to the team with ongoing training and coaching; leads by example.
- Assists other employees in completing their respective duties, as necessary, to achieve guest ready rooms, public areas, and outstanding customer service.
- Organizes, confirms, processes, and conducts all guest check-ins/check-outs, room reservations, requests, changes, and cancellations; greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests.
- Collects payments, verifies and adjusts billing as directed by the GM.
- Keeps abreast of hotel policies concerning rates, group and other discounts, and special offerings.
- Issues room keys, identifies and explains room features to guests. Supplies guests with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, hours of operation and local areas of interest.
- Keeps records of room availability and guests' accounts.
- Performs bookkeeping activities such as making cash deposits, completing daily audit, running reports, and posting payments to guest folios.
- Responds to guest comments, compliments, or complaints, referring customers to GM as necessary.
- Prepares housekeeping duty rosters for check-out and stay-over cleans.
- Inspects rooms and public areas to ensure expected health and safety standards for pest control.
- Creates an operating environment that assures consistent guest satisfaction, meets with and solicit comments from guests on a regular basis to determine their level of satisfaction with guest services and facilities.
- Maintains proficiency in all location computer and software systems.
- Responds to emergency situations.
- Washes and folds laundry.
- Provides support to housekeeping in guest rooms and public spaces as well as inspecting and stocking housekeeping carts for service preparedness as needed based on business demands.
- From time to time, employees in this position may be asked to cover at another hotel in their area during critical staffing needs.
- Essential Functions are not all inclusive; other job duties may be assigned.
6-10 employees in absences of GM.
No travel is expected for this position.Required Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years of prior guest service experience required, in a hotel preferred.
- Must maintain a valid state issued driver’s license.
- Must have computer skills including the ability to access and accurately input information into a computer system including Microsoft Office Suite and the Hotel PMS system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Friendly, cooperative manner and patience in dealing with customers and staff.
- Must maintain a professional appearance and demeanor.
- Self-starter with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects and meet deadlines under pressure.
- Strong organizational time management skills and problem-solving skills.