The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown is looking for a Guest Room Attendant to join their Housekeeping team! Guest Room Attendants are responsible for providing an exceptional guest stay by providing our guests with clean and fresh sheets, towels, necessities, etc., while maintaining a high degree of cleanliness at all times. Promotes a positive image and memorable guest experience.
The Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown has been awarded the Gold Level New Mexico Family Friendly Business Award! What does this mean? This means that we offer a host of employee and family friendly benefits to our associates! Some of those benefits include:
-A first-class salary and superior benefit packet
-Medical (two options) with vision
-401(k) with 4% company match
-Voluntary Term Life Insurance (self, spouse/domestic partner, and children)
-Paid time off (vacation, sick, personal, and personal/medical leave time)
-Free non-slip shoes (two free pairs per year!)-Progressive fun workplace
-Positive associate relations
-Associate recognition and events, incentives and rewards monthly
-Major hotel discounts at over 7,000 hotels worldwide
-Other company discountsEDUCATION/EXPERIENCE
- No prior experience or training.
- Previous guest room attendant in a full service hotel or similar job experience preferred.
This position requires you to perform a combination of tasks which maintain hotel premises in a clean and orderly manner.
Such as, but not limited to:
- Keep work area clean and neat, free from dust and litter.
- Loads carts with supplies needed to perform duties.
- Cleans all guest rooms as assigned within the required time limit. Duties in each room include:
- Change bed linens and makes bed.
- Vacuum carpet. Moves furniture as needed to clean.
- Dust and clean all furniture including picture frames, bed frames, lamps, TV’s, armoires, desks, etc.
- Clean mirrors, surfaces, windows, walls, etc.
- Thoroughly clean bathroom area by washing the shower/tub, sink, floor, toilet, etc.
- Replace room amenities such as bathroom supplies, drinking glasses, writing supplies, etc.
- Empties wastebaskets.
- Ensure guest room set up complies with standards.
- Reports any discrepancies in room status, why room was not completed, etc. to Inspector.
- Turns in all Lost & Found items following the standard procedures.
- Fills out assignment sheet as each room is completed.
- Ensure all equipment is in operation order and all supplies are up to par. Report equipment that needs repair or supplies that need to be ordered.
A background check and drug screen is required of all candidates selected to move forward in our hiring process.
We are an E-Verify employer.Sheraton Albuquerque Uptown provides equal employment and affirmative action opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.” If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call 505 349-8024 to let us know the nature of your request.”