In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
We’re looking for someone special and that may be you! The Sheraton Baltimore Washington International Airport Hotel is searching for a Sales Manager (Group Rooms & Catering) that brings a love of hospitality, aggressive sales capabilities and the desire to expand a successful career in hotel sales. The position will report to the hotel’s Director of Sales & Marketing and will be responsible for group rooms and catering sales production within certain market segments.
The Sales Manager will support the efforts of the Director of Sales & Marketing in a variety of ways outlined below and will be focused on working with other members of the sales team in driving both group room and catering sales revenues.
The Sheraton Baltimore Washington International Hotel is part of the Vista Hospitality family of nine hotels and resorts located along the eastern seaboard. The Company offers a competitive wage, solid benefits and a sales incentive program that blends individual production and teamwork that can be lucrative for a seasoned and productive hospitality sales professional.
The overall responsibility of the Sales Manager at the Sheraton Baltimore Washington International Hotel is to generate revenue to achieve and exceed monthly sales goals. Additionally, the position will have support and supervisory responsibilities with group room sales personnel including deployment, accountability and staff development.
Equally important for the position is to fully embrace the “Hotel Service Excellence Initiative” by demonstrating "customer-first" actions with all internal and external customers while embracing responsibility, accountability and empowerment. In short, take care of our clients, guests and colleagues with genuine hospitality!
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Perform direct phone sales, email prospecting internet and direct cold calls within assigned market.
· Maintain existing account files and solicit new accounts.
· Work with the Director of Sales & Marketing in the development of deployment strategies, staff production, management of the sales CRM and more.
· Assist the Director of Sales & Marketing with the development of the annual budget, marketing plan and solicitation and production goals.
· Respond to all correspondence from assigned areas and trace dates for reworking and follow up.
· Set-up and conduct site inspections.
· Coordinate sales activities with other operating divisions at the property.Travel as required to make sales calls.
· Attend trade shows and industry events pertinent to the assigned areas and attend meetings, seminars and functions through memberships in these affiliations.
· Continually provide updates of competitive activity by other properties within the comp-set.
· Maintain a working relationship with internal departments
· Promote a synergistic relationship between customers, employees and other divisions.
· Adhere to company policies. Observe and enforce proper safety procedures.
· Perform all other duties as assigned.
· MOD/Saturday office coverage within a departmental rotational schedule.
· Work evenings and weekends as required for entertaining clients as part of the sales process and working with groups.
· Strong prospect/account sales solicitation skills.
· Detailed contract negotiation skills.
· Excellent customer relationship skills.
· Background with Delphi, SalesPro or other hotel CRM application.
· Superior attention to detail.
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Proficiency with Microsoft operating system applications.
· Experience working with hotel customer relations management programs.
· Ability to work in a team-focused environment.
Education and Qualifications:
· Bachelor's degree in marketing, hospitality, business administration or closely related field.
· 5+ years of experience working in a 3-4 Star full service hotel.
· Prior track record as a Hotel Sales Manager is preferred.
· Proven track record of achieving/exceeding solicitation and production goals.
· Job Available - Immediately
· Sales Incentive Plan - Yes
· Work Permit Needed - Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in the United States will not be considered.
· Benefits - Health Plan / 401k Plan
· Management Position - Yes
· Entry Level Position - No
· Industry Categories - Hotel/Resort
· Position Categories – Sales, Marketing, Group Rooms
|Address||1100 Old Elkridge Landing Rd, Linthicum Heights, MD, 21090 View map|