Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an award-wining, AAA Four Diamond all-seasons resort set on 1,300 acres in the legendary southeastern Wisconsin community of Lake Geneva. Located 90 minutes from Chicago and 50 minutes from Milwaukee, Grand Geneva Resort & Spa features 355 guest accommodations, including deluxe rooms and suites, along with 29 new villas. On site, guests can enjoy the WELL Spa + Salon; two championship 18-hole golf courses; The Mountain Top, a ski and snowboard facility; 62,000-square-feet of meeting and convention space and five restaurants. Also on the resort's grounds is the Timber Ridge Lodge & Waterpark, featuring 225 guest suites and 50,000 square feet of year-round, indoor/outdoor waterpark excitement, bringing the total number of rooms on the Grand Geneva campus to 609. For more information, please visit www.grandgeneva.com and follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Assist in the oversight of the Guest Services department consisting of supervisory team, Club Vacation Liaison, Guest Service Agents, Night Audit, PBX and Trolley Conductors. Effectively monitoring and managing the customer relations management program (CRM) working closely with the Director of Guest Services and Director of Front Office in administering this process.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintains standards of guest service as established by the Guest Services Director.
- Ability to learn, manage and train associates on our HotSos System and OPERA Property Management System (PMS).
- Responsible for the management of our guest's profile information and responsible for communicating with all departments to ensure guest information is relayed in a timely manner and all pre-arrival details are executed prior to guest arrival.
- Responsible for managing and entering all new guests profile information that is obtained during the guests stay on property.
- Maintain a complete knowledge of and comply with all hotel/departmental policies/service procedures/standards.
- Provide budgets/forecasting numbers accurately and on time when requested by upper management.
- Anticipate guest's needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge all guests, however busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times
- Resolve guest complaints, ensuring guest satisfaction
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of assigned work areas
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of:
- All hotel features/services, hours of operations
- All room types, numbers, layout, décor, appointments and locations
- All room rates, special packages and promotions
- Daily house count and expected arrivals/departures'
- Information regarding groups arriving, departing, and or in-house
- Room availability status and rate for any given day
- All hotel departmental policies and procedures
- Access all functions in the OPERA Property Management System (PMS) and any other Front of House related system pertinent to providing maximum service and efficiency for our guest and or associate (i.e. Time Saver, Birchstreet, Etc.).
- Ensure current information on rates, packages and promotions is available to the front desk.
- Work closely with the Rooms Coordinator to review future group requests and how they may affect the front desk. Prepare the Front Desk and Guest Services for these events.
- Assign work duties to staff
- Supervisory duties to include evaluating performance, time clock auditing, coaching and counseling of associates, and scheduling of staff.
- Monitor group VIP's and verify that they are registered and treated in accordance with hotel standards.
- Monitor arrival/event patterns and work closely with front desk scheduling to verify that the desk is appropriately staffed
- Monitor group early arrival requests to verify that they are given the first available clean room
- Assist staff with their job functions to ensure optimum service to the guests
- Adhere to hotel requirements for guest/employee accidents or injuries and in emergency situations
- Ensure the security of guest room access and guest billing following all guest privacy protocols and procedures.
- Review all group no-shows, verify and ensure billing accuracy.
- Anticipate sold-out situations and know how many rooms are overbooked. Assist overbooked or "walked" guests
- Review with the Rooms Coordinator all resumes for arriving groups; organize and coordinate master accounts and check-in/pre-registration procedures.
- Coordinate delivery time of amenities with room service, ensuring timely delivery
- Review requests for late checkouts and approve according to occupancy. Communicate all late checkouts to housekeeping
- Conduct and or facilitate on-boarding and on-going training with new and existing staff.
- Provide feedback to staff on their performance. Handle disciplinary problems and counsel employees
- Foster and promote a cooperative working climate, maximizing productivity and employee morale.
- Ensure effective communication with other departments in order to ensure high levels of guest satisfaction.
- Document all pertinent information to the appropriate department via e-mail.
- Complete and ensure that all paperwork and closing duties are completed correctly and in a timely manner
- Manage and/ or assist night audit staff to ensure accurate and timely reporting on the hotels daily financial information to corporate office.
- Attend the Resume Meeting with the Rooms Coordinator.
- Attend all pertinent/required meetings as deemed by the Director of Front Office and Director of Guest Services (i.e. AM/PM huddle, Rooms Meeting, All Managers, etc.).
- Perform MOD duties as prescribe by GGR MOD program and Emergency Procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Front office, Director of Guest Services or Director of Rooms.
- Hospitality Degree preferred, plus 1 or more years of experience in the related field; Able to work independently, has good judgment, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
- Excellent organization and time management skills; Service oriented.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Able to guide, direct, and motivate subordinates; Self-motivated and willing to think out of the box.
Exemption Status: Exempt
Grand Geneva Resort & Spa is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: This document describes the general nature and level of work required of people in the job. It is not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties, and skills.