In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
The Elyton Hotel, Autograph Collection, Birmingham, AL
Please note that this position is based at The Elyton Hotel in Birmingham, AL. Candidates must be willing to relocate and relocation assistance will be provided.
Ascent Hospitality has an extensive portfolio of hotels and a strong pipeline of new properties and acquisitions, but we’re not about numbers…we’re about people and that remains our foundation. Our culture expresses a memorable experience for all of our Team Members and guests alike. So we’re constantly looking for individuals who work well together for a unified purpose. For our leadership, we’re looking for accomplished individuals with a passion to serve others, strong communicators who clearly understand the needs of others and trendsetters who excel at challenges and change. If this is what you’re all about, consider joining our Team.
Ascent Hospitality is looking for a uniquely qualified hospitality leaders to be our GENERAL MANAGER of The Elyton Hotel, Autograph Collection. Apply today for a chance to take your career to new heights in a thrilling and rewarding opportunity!
General Manager Position Overview
The General Manager is primarily responsible for directing and coordinating activities of the organization to obtain optimum efficiency and economy of operations and maximize profits. The General Manager functions as the primary strategic leader of the hotel with responsibility for all aspects of the operation, including guest and employee satisfaction, human resources, financial performance and sales and revenue generation. The General Manager analyzes business results and works with the leadership team to develop effective strategies to address needs. The General Manager makes key decisions and oversees execution, removing obstacles to success and insuring appropriate resources are available to achieve business results.
General Manager Essential Responsibilities:
· The General Manager plans, develops and implements company policies and goals.
· Coordinates activities of divisions or departments such as Sales, Human Resources, Engineering, Front Office, Housekeeping, and F&B to affect operational efficiency and economy.
· Directs preparation of directives to division or department administrator outlining policy, program, or operations changes to be implemented.
· Insuring brand standards are met with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations; communicating follow-up actions to the team as necessary.
· Preparing an annual budget with appropriate department heads to ensure the smooth operations of the hotel, set financial goals and plan expenses.
· The General Manager monitors actual sales and revenues to determine variance and assess goal accomplishments
· Creating an environment in which all employees have the ability to reach their full potential
General Manager Qualifications
Minimum of 3 years experience as a Hotel General Manager in a Lifestyle or boutique or similar full service hotel is required.
Key: A proven track record where performance exemplifies a high standard for excellence.
· Marriott experience is required.
· Proven track record in delivering financial results.
· Proven track record of building a cohesive team and facilitating goal accomplishment.
· Proven track record of positive employee satisfaction scores.
· Understanding of all areas of hotel operations.
· Strong competence in food and beverage operations.
· Commitment to exceptional guest service.
· Strong communication and listening skills, excellent speaking, reading and writing skills
· Aptitude in financial management, financial reports and analysis
· Excellent leadership skills with a hands-on, lead-by-example work style
|Address||1928 1st Avenue North, Birmingham, AL, 35203 View map|