You have a proven track record of success in Hotel Management and you want to grow, taking your career to the next level. As a General Manager for Moody National at the Hyatt Place North Charleston, you’ll have the opportunity to apply what you know, strengthen as a leader, and much more.
The Hyatt Place North Charleston, managed by Moody National Hospitality Management, is looking for a General Manager to join our team. We offer competitive pay, flexible scheduling opportunities, paid time off, and comprehensivebenefits, including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) with Employer Match.
The General Manager plans and manages the operations of the hotel to achieve customer (guests, employees, corporate and owners) satisfaction and quality service while meeting/exceeding financial goals.
• Effectively manage hotel staff; hire, train, develop, empower, coach, and counsel, conduct performance and salary reviews, resolve problems, provide open communications, discipline and recommend termination of employment as appropriate.
• Implement company/brand programs, develop and manage property programs and manage the operations of the hotel in a manner consistent with the requirements of the management contract, the franchise agreement, federal/state laws and regulations, and the policies/procedures of the company.
• Develop, recommend, implement and manage the hotel’s annual and long-term operation, sales and marketing, capital, revenue, and expense and profit goals to meet/exceed owner and corporate management expectations.
• Resolve customer complaints as appropriate to maintain a high level of customer satisfaction and quality.
• Ensure the property is maintained in a manner consistent with company goals and allocated budget; protect, secure and enhance the assets as appropriate; conduct safety inspections and resolve safety issues as soon as possible.
• Negotiate with vendors to procure cost-effective contracts for services and products used by the hotel.
• Collect outstanding Accounts Receivables in a timely manner and resolve Accounts Payable issues with vendors.
• Develop, implement, and maintain a disaster preparedness plan for the property.
• Participate in community and professional organizations to maintain high visibility and promote a good image to foster future growth.
• Maintain and update personnel and payroll records in compliance with Company policies and procedures; monitor and direct effective employee orientations and training activities.
• Monitor employees to ensure compliance with safety policies and procedures; provide employees with related equipment and clothing items in accordance with Company policy.
• Prepare and submit all reports to Corporate management as requested and according to scheduled due dates.
• Assume responsibilities of any line level employee, as needed.
• Complete special projects and participate in task forces and committees as assigned.
• Supervise Assistant General Manager, Food & Beverage Director, Director of Sales, etc.
• Advanced knowledge of the hospitality and business management fields and of all policies and procedures relating to hotel operations.
• Excellent leadership, managerial/supervisory and organizational skills.
• Good understanding of basic accounting functions and financial statements, including profit and loss and balance sheet statements.
• Ability to study, analyze, and interpret complex activities or information to identify and resolve problems and make decisions with only general policies and procedures available for guidance.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to interface effectively with all levels of employees and management, guests, owners, and investors.
• Outstanding negotiation skills.
• Intermediate proficiency with all hotel-related systems/software and with MS Office products, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Ability to read, write, and speak effectively in English; some proficiency with speaking a second language highly desirable.
• Ability to work well in a team environment
• Ability to follow corporate standards and procedures
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Undergraduate degree in Hospitality, Business or related field preferred.
• 5+ years of experience as an Assistant General Manager or General Manager.
• Minimum training required per year as assigned by the company
• Any additional training required by manager.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• The employee is frequently required to stand; bend; kneel; walk; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift products and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
• Ability to supervise on-floor activities 60% of the work day.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions at the Company’s discretion and on a case-by-case basis.
• This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• This is a full-time position and is regularly required to work 50+ hours per week.
• Work days and work hours may vary depending on hotel needs.
Teamwork - Advanced
Negotiation - Advanced
Communication - Advanced
Analysis - Intermediate
Accounting - Intermediate
Planning & Organizing - Advanced
Management - Expert
Leadership - Expert Education
Bachelor of Arts Experience
1 year: Experience as a Hotel Assistant General Manager or General Manager or in a related field.