In less than 2 minutes, get your
Personal Score for every job
Esplanade Golf & Country Club in Naples, FL is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of General Manager. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service.
Nestled on 600 acres just north of State Road 70, this gated enclave of 1,250 detached villas and single family homes brings a touch of the Mediterranean to Southwest Florida with regional-inspired architecture, lush landscaping, serene lakes, and fabulous resort-style amenities that include a full-time lifestyle director who is located on site.
Originally designed by Chris Wilczynski, a partner and design associate with Arthur Hills/Steve Forrest and Associates for nearly 20 years. He teamed with Arthur Hills to complete approximately 20 golf course design projects ranging from upscale public, private and resort courses to residential golf communities and golf renovation projects. Chris' professional background and experience allow him to provide golf course architectural design and consulting to the entire golf industry.
The General Manager reports directly to the VP of Operations and to the Board of Directors for the Community Association. The General Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the operations of the club and community, monitor and adjust financial performance, provide guidance to the Board on governance matters and lead the management team(s) to deliver a superior member experience. Qualified candidates will thrive in a hospitality environment and be highly focused on providing superior service for members, residents and their guests. Furthermore, candidates will be expected to conduct him or herself in an impartial and neutral fashion with the collective best interest of both, the community and the golf club, at all times.
Key responsibilities of the General Manager:
• Develops, manages and implements long term/strategic, capital and business plans, operating reports and general policies and procedures for the Club and Community.
• Responsible for the timely development of accurate annual budgets for each direct report departments. Coordinates the preparation of the Community’s comprehensive annual business plan with all departments. Collaborates and assists key managers with developing, monitoring and achieving business and operating plans.
• Prepares and monitors monthly and quarterly financial reports/statements, revenue goals and expenses as well as generating various (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual) business reports and forecasts.
• Monitors business volume forecast in each department and advises changes to plans or programs, in areas of manpower, productivity, COS, operating costs and other elements. Recommends effective corrective action, as needed.
• Leads regular department head meetings and financial review meetings aimed at ensuring coordination of all areas of the club and at addressing pending issues as a team. Promotes active communication in all areas, collaboration and accountability.
• Maintains close contact with members and residents on a daily basis to ensure member satisfaction expectations are exceeded. Oversees the resolution of member, guest and employee feedback and challenges in a timely manner.
• Ensures the highest standards are achieved through adhering to proper operating procedures in all related areas. Ensures that the team is exceeding expectations in the F&B department, oversees the management team responsible for delivering an excellent F&B experience which appeals to residents for a la carte, events and banquets.
• Oversees the execution of a strategic membership program designed to increase membership engagement and membership dues revenue. Monitors sales and marketing results to ensure goals are met. Supports and guides team with the creation of marketing programs to promote the facility’s services to potential residents.
• Ensures Club and Community is operated in accordance with all applicable local, state and federal laws.
• Ensures compliance with purchasing policies and procedures and that club is benefiting from Troon vendor relationships and national accounts.
• Oversees the care and maintenance of all Community physical assets and facilities. Oversees the coordination of property-wide maintenance efforts between the building management department and senior managers.
• Reinforces with key department heads the need for training programs to include but not limited to member service, food and beverage service training, train the trainer programs, safety and other training programs.
• Monitors the Club’s overall safe-work practices and coordinates ongoing safety education programs and ensures compliance in all departments. Empha prevention through training, inspection and preventive enforcement.
• Handles emergencies such as fires, accidents and breaches of security or house rules promptly and in person.
• Develops and maintains a positive management philosophy to guide personnel toward optimal operating results, employee morale and member satisfaction. Reviews policies relating to personnel actions & training along with professional development programs.
• Updates and oversees implementation of policies and procedures for direct report departments, including compliance with all company standards. Recommends improvements as necessary.
• Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
• Directly manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Community Association Manager, Head Golf Professional, Golf Course Superintendent, Membership Director, Director of Hospitality, Controller, Food and Beverage Director, Tennis Director, Building Maintenance Director, others as applicable.
• Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops and implements ongoing training programs.
• Ensures adoption, execution and compliance with Troon corporate programs across the team and the property as outlined by the company and the VP of Operations. Proactively outreaches to corporate support team to ensure efforts are maximized in the name of the community.
• Maintains membership with the Club Managers Association of America and other professional associations. Attends conferences, workshops and meetings to keep abreast of current information and developments in the field.
Minimum Qualifications for the General Manager:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred; 5-10 years’ experience and/or the equivalent in experience and training in a private, member-owned club/space.
• Certified Club Manager Candidate, Class A PGA Member or similar qualification is strongly preferred.
• CAM License preferred.
• Possesses strong leadership, hospitality and human relations skills.
• Presents a professional appearance and demeanor in all exchanges.
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have excellent organizational and time management skills, along with the ability to coordinate details and prioritize the work on a daily and weekly basis.
|Address||8918 Torre Vista, Naples, FL, 34119 View map|